Wish that bolt didn't fall out

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I was riding this evening with a few friends and a cute passenger. All was goin well and we just got onto the interstate. I'd shifted to 3rd, then 4th, and was ready for 5th at slightly faster than highway speeds :whistle: when the clutch lever felt very loose and useless in my hand. The bolt, nut and Bushing had all fallen out!
Not quite sure what to do, I got on the brakes, moved over and coasted while the engine slowed me down. As I got closer to the shoulder, I told my passenger to hang on, it might get interesting. I wasn't sure when the rear would lock up and didn't wanna skid all over or just plain crash, I don't think she quite understood the level of "uh oh" we had goin on.
I eventually just got hard on the brakes and the engine stalled and we stop, pretty abruptly.
I explained what had happened at waited to hear from my buddies that hadn't realized what had happened to me. They called shortly after and then got a trailer to come rescue us.

I'm now in need of the clutch bolt, nut, and Bushing that sits on the hydraulic ram (i guess) the Bushing isn't listed in the fiche tho. Anybody have one laying around I can buy? I've got a message into a local Busa guy, fingers crossed he has the parts to spare.
Pics from the roadside while we waited in next post...

Droid via Tapatalk

aefeb2a3-f371-44a3.jpg

aefeb2a3-f385-5fc1.jpg

aefeb2a3-f39b-fc81.jpg

Droid via Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that just stinks! Glad nothing really bad happened as a result!
She is very cute :thumbsup: and it is probably a good thing she didn't realize the uh-oh, sometimes it's better for all to not know. Panic on top of what was already transpiring would have been no bueno!
Sorry for the incident, wish I could help you out.
So, how did the rest of the "date" go? :whistle:

Glad you came out ok. You could have blipped the throttle to get it to downshift into neutral. I will check in the morning to see if I have the parts you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of felt sorry for you till I saw the picture. Broke down on the side of the road and still seems to be a happy camper that goes l long way in the relationship department:thumbsup:

Any woman that can still smile after her date stranded her on the side of the road is a potential keeper. Further investigation is required. :)

You must have a horseshoe up your a$$ that the bike didn't lock solid on you.

Must of had an angel riding with you! :thumbsup:

those brass bushings are soooo hard to find when I lost mine from powder coating nobody knew what part I was talking about .

Next time just tell her you ran out of gas....:poke:

How did you loose the bolt? The bolt goes in from the top and the nut is on the bottom? Seems like the bolt would have to work at it to come out the top.

Glad you and your passenger made it safely, one quick question though, why couldnt you downshift as you slowed and put it into neatruel? I hardly ever use the clutch on my 09 after 1st gear, I I dont hardly use the clutch from 2nd into neatruel when approaching a stop. Am I missing something here?
Blue loctite

one quick question though, why couldnt you downshift as you slowed and put it into neatruel?.

Am I missing something here?

We ARE talking about Frog here.. :whistle:

More pics of this girl, or we're not believing this story.. :moon:

:rofl:

Not sure how the blot manage to get itself out, definetly did tho. :banghead:

As the for comments about the lil lady:whistle:

If anyone has a the brass bushing, please PM me, its the only thing i cant seem to order.

Back