Sprocket bolts

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
For some reason when I changed my chain/sprockets two of my sprocket nut/bolts got tight but stripped before they were at full torque.

They're tight and I'm not concerned with having an issue as currently being used however, when I get ready to change chain/sprocket again...I'm going to have to cut the buggers off.

So, I need new sprocket bolts and would like something more substancial than stock.

I checked tasty-nuts but the only one they had were titainum at about $120 a set...little steep for six bolts.

Any other ideas or links...

I have NO idea, except to check with one of our Sponsors  
beerchug.gif

I think my big concern would be that you may have cross threaded and stripped out the holes that the bolts go INTO more than anything. if you did, the next set isn't going to go in any easier than these did, and there may be a fair possibility that you're going to break them off in the hub when you take the current ones out.

If I were you, I'd take the bolts out CAREFULLY and see if you can't get a thread chaser in there to clean the threads up, then check the bolts and clean those up too. if you can't, replace them.

Funny I did the same thing.  However it was because I misread the torque and over torqued 2 of them.  I ended up getting a whole new cush drive assembly, now I can swap out gearing faster.

Back