Rear sprocket bolts

dewie

Registered
I have never seen so many sh!ty bolts on a bike or car as the busa has. A while back the 4 bolts on the gas tank all just tore apart, not broke but tore. Now I'm putting on my new 42t sprocket and I was in the mist of torgue in the bolts and 4 or the 6 stripped!!!
banghead.gif
and ofcoarse the nuts have a speacial lip on the inside so it is impossible to back off!! long story short if I ever met the engineer who designed the bolts in a dark alley he would be in for a world of hurt..
deadhorse.gif

have any of you guys ran into this?? should I go to the stealership and replace the sh!ty bolts with new sh!ty bolts? or has any one tried using a standerd grade 8 hex head bolt with lock washer and nut?

DONT USE LOCK WASHER.......... use a good grade 8 or higher "NYLOCK" nut
beerchug.gif
have you done it?? Nylon nut would make more sense for sure.. But I'm a bit scared of trying a hex head bolt cause the factory bolt head has a special head on it. The OEM bolt head is for when you are tightening the nut so the head of the bolt rest against the hub.. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.. anybody else using a grade 8 bolt in place??

Back