winter storage?

displayimage.php

and I hope the others follow before it gets ugly.

Sorry guys...didnt mean to start a war

My uncle has a big shop I could store the tank in. I wanted the bike in the house so I could pick (i dont have a shop :sulk: )at it over winter (want to powdercoat some parts and do new brake\clutch lev's) So for the most part I should fill the tank with stabl and fuel and store it in the shop. But the bike can stay in the house on fron\rear stands...this correct?

Thanks

well, you will have a little bit of gas in the fuel lines and injectors so makes sure that you run staybil treated gas into those before storage. Maybe run a half tank of treated gas to almost empty before taking the tank off. I hear Seafoam is the really good stuff for stabilizing gas and keeping the fuel system clean. I run a little of that stuff in about every other tank to keep the juice flowing.

i can relate to wanting to mess around with the bike in the comfort of your home. Have never done it but spent hours out in the cold last winter. It was no fun. A real deterent.

Sorry guys...didnt mean to start a war

My uncle has a big shop I could store the tank in. I wanted the bike in the house so I could pick (i dont have a shop :sulk: )at it over winter (want to powdercoat some parts and do new brake\clutch lev's) So for the most part I should fill the tank with stabl and fuel and store it in the shop. But the bike can stay in the house on fron\rear stands...this correct?

Thanks

I'd say as long as the wife agrees :laugh: Just saw where you are, riding all winter is prolly out. I ride or run the bikes at least every couple weeks for long enough to dry the oil, keep the fluids moving. Wife not so keen on bikes in the house, I like the idea though. :thumbsup:

Back