bout that time

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
I live in IL and last weekend it was 38 degrees out so its bout time to put her away for the winter. What do i need to do. I read use gas stabilizer then i heard to empty out the tank? also do i drain all the fluids out of the bike or leave them in what all needs to be done for storage?

sad.gif
Yeah I noticed something was up... Today it was only like 85 degrees... Last night it got down to about 70... Thought I was going to have to shut off the A/C for a minute...
laugh.gif

I also live in IL, but last weekend I couldn't help myself but to ride. It was a little cold, but I threw on the Joe Rocket and rode my ass off. I'm gonna take full advantage of this weather, until the snow hits.

If it is going away for the whole winter, change the oil, fill the fuel tank and add a stabilizer then run the engin so stabilized fuel in in teh whole system. Pull the spark plugs and put just a little oil in each cylinder, put plugs back in. Put the bike up on stands or over fill the tires by 10 lbs of pressure. Hook up a battery tender. In the spring change the oil and enjoy.

If you ride some, fill the tank and add stabilizer. Run the engine so that stabilized fuel is in the whole system. Put bike on stands or over fill the tires by 10 lbs. I start my bike up at least once a week if I can't ride it.

Damn it's hard to type with a one year old on your lap!

Thanks guys i also read in my manual to put to oily rags over the exhaust incase anyone was wondering. I have to leave the busa out this winter budy who was supposed to let me use his garage backed out. Got one of these www.Cyclevault.com

Decide to do my frame this weekend then put her up for the winter.

As long as there is no snow on the ground, I hope to take a small cruise around town once a week here in Iowa. I am nowhere near ready to park her and leave her set a few months. Hell, I got mine new back in feb of this year and I don't think it has set for more then 3 or 4 days without a ride!

well im kind of a cheap ass and i need a new tire do the math. Wont the salt on the road screw up your metal. I love the bike but im not down for being numb ya know

I live in IL and last weekend it was 38 degrees out so its bout time to put her away for the winter.  What do i need to do.  I read use gas stabilizer then i heard to empty out the tank?  also do i drain all the fluids out of the bike or leave them in what all needs to be done for storage?
I have waited all summer, through 4 hurricanes and had to listen to crap from RSD. It's finally here, you guys are talking about putting your bikes away, and here, the weather is starting to get nice enough that you don't have to sweat the whole time your riding.

Yipee
jump9.gif

Not having a garage is troubling, but if you have that canopy I dont think you should have to do too much. Gas stabilizer is a good idea as well as the spark plug trick. If you havent rode the bike on roads with salt then you won't need to worry about it, but it is also a good idea to give her a good wash if you do ride in the winter. If you are going to let it sit I would change the oil before hand and again in the spring.

i actually plan on bringing the plastics in with me so that i can give them a good cleaning... you know remove the ground in bug juice

its about 80 here in the Sacramento area of California, but lately I have had to put the liner in my jacket for the ride to work. Bummer that you have to put here away, make sure you start her at least once a week to let her know you are thinking of her.
smile.gif

thats bout like what i got, the top layer actually touches the bike though its got some kind of soft liner on the top so im good.

Yeah i looked at the sight you provied looks like a good product and about the same cost when you add the linger $169.95 For the Cycle vault standard then add $120 for the fleece lining which i think would be a must have. The cycle shelter is 299 and comes with a bag to transport it in needs no tools also by right you $could carry it with you on a trip but the cycle vault you could also

Nah dude there's a guy on ebay that sells them for 199. These are the Large ones for the crusers, with the lining. The things are huge the one i have is about 10 feet long and weighs 10 to 15 pounds. Check ebay casue on the site i thing the large one is damn near 300 bucks. I was wondering wat the difference of leaving the bike in one of these and in a garage? In a garage unless it is climate controlled your bike is still subject to the moisture in the air.

if its going to be stored for a while i would prop it up on the stands if you want to keep your tires. i personally just keep moving the bike so it doesnt sit in the some spot on the tires.

and that vault thing is a cool idea. never seen them but the price isnt worth it. for 299 you can get the 10x8(i think it is) metal shed and have room for other stuff aswell. i keep my quad and bike in there along with tools and my bike lift(sears 99$ lift).

DO NOT empty the gas tank. The humidity in the air will cause condensation which will in turn cause... all together now... RUST!! Definitely don't want that in there. Keep your tank full, use stabilizer, and follow the rest of the instructions above. Ride Safe!! (you lucky ones that can!!)
cool.gif

Back