Stand question

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Hey,
I searched the threads and saw several different options. Here is my question. For a Gen II what is the best affordable front and rear stand for winter storage and winter mods? I am leaning towards the pit bulls. Thanks in advance

Don

Don, let me find you link, Ian from Redline has a combo package in the classifieds, you can get front and rear stands for less than 200 bucks. Cap has a set of these and was very impressed with them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I've got the Redline industrial stands front and rear. Good for the money, I use them all the time. I don't store my ride, but I do the maintenance and cleaning. You can't believe how easy they make chain maintenance and cleaning the wheels brother.

Don, let me find you link, Ian from Redline has a combo package in the classifieds, you can get front and rear stands for less than 200 bucks. Cap has a set of these and was very impressed with them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thank you sir, is the front a headstand or a fork stand? One of the winter mods that I am planning may be new wheels and a suspension rebuild.

I use a pit-bull for the front that has two methods of holding the bike. It can go under the forks or under the tree. For the back, I use a Redline stand that has castors for the wheels so it can go side to side easily. Both of very high quality.

I have both a set of red-line caster stands, and Pit bulls. For the clean garage floor, i like Redlines, but you MUST BE VERY CAREFUL with these stands. For Trackdays I prefer my pitbulls i think they are the better stand.

That Bursig would not be of any help if you needed to change a swingarm or take the engine out, but it sure would make it easy to change the oil or clean the wheels!

I got a set of front and rear Trackside stands on sale from cycle gear for $65.. hard to beat the price.. used all of the time and still going strong

Back