Winter gloves liners?

BusaBenny

Registered
Hello everyone. Today I rode with under armours base layer 3.0 coldgear under my riding gear and it was great. I rode for an hour in low 60s/ high 50s in NW CT with no issues. However my hands and feet got cold due to the wind. I have riding gloves from alpine star but they are not for winter. So I was thinking I’d get under armours cold gear glove liners. Before I pull the trigger is there any other suggestions people have for glove or sock options? Thanks in advance.

I will ride regardless of how cold it gets,well below 50, as long as the roads are dry. Gears heated jacket (plugs in to batt.) and Snow Deer heated gloves and socks (cordless). I am not a fan of glove liners. Hassle to get them on and off + yer gloves end up being so thick I don't like the bulky loss of feel for the controls. Gloves and socks charge up in a couple hours and heat for hours. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

I normally wear winter gauntlets but when it’s really cold I’ll plug in my heated gloves. With three temp settings they’re great. I wear warm socks and tall zippered and Velcro m/c boots and my feet never get cold. Liners under thin gloves defeats their purpose and under thick winter gloves, they’re clumsy to use.

A pair of neoprene surgical/work gloves are great to keep wind and cold off of your hands. They're thin so you can still feel your controls, and they slip under any riding gloves.

Plus you are already wearing them when your bike breaks down. Win! :thumbsup:
I been considering trying this out. Next on my to do list :)

Silk liners 10 bucks . Do not use nylon or synthetic as they do not work as well as real silk . Silk will make summer gloves work into the high 50's , but 60s are comfortable .

These are great . 600 miles in the rain with them temps from 48 to mid 50's . hands stayed dry , and kept feeling .

Lots of good suggestions guys. My hands thank you but my wallet doesn’t. I will look into the heated glove options you guys suggested. I think it’s time to finally get some. For the time being I’ll rock the medical gloves. My work has a ton.

Back