best cheap winter gear

euroR

Registered
I live in AZ and it may be 120 during summer, it drops down really low in winter in the morning and up north. So im looking for gear which is cheap but will keep you warm. I have the glove liners, turtle neck. But whats is a good buy to keep warm.

P.S. I hate cold thus me living in AZ

I use Joe Rocket Alter Ego year round. It's three sets of gear in one. Time for me to put my liner in here too. Froze my butt off last night on the way home from a movie. :thumbsup:

All you army and marines prolly already know this but heres the scoop. goto youre local army surplus store and puchase a set of the silk and a set of the heavier hybrid cold weather GI thermals. The silks work great down to around 35 or 40 degrees and you cant even tell your wearing them and the hybrids work well riding down to about 20 degrees or if your really cold natured your can wear both under your regular gear. Any colder than that and you prolly dont need to be riding anyway! Add a neck gator and some good winter gloves and a neck seal for your helmet and you should be good to go. I still use the ones I was issued years ago but the local surplus store here sells the silks for $15 brand new and the hybrids for $20. I road with em last winter and was usually sweating in 35 degree weather while riding. It doesnt get any cheaper than that boys! oh yea, the silks also have pretty good moisture wicking ability as well and are so thing you can slip em on right under a tight fitting set of leathers!

those sounds great for riding for a longer trip...
I need something over street clothes! I dont want to be the person with the AC on at work during winter :laugh:

those sounds great for riding for a longer trip...
I need something over street clothes! I dont want to be the person with the AC on at work during winter :laugh:

goto the bathroom and strip em off when u get there. cmon man...adapt and overcome! all that shiz :laugh:

I live in AZ and it may be 120 during summer, it drops down really low in winter in the morning and up north. So im looking for gear which is cheap but will keep you warm. I have the glove liners, turtle neck. But whats is a good buy to keep warm.

P.S. I hate cold thus me living in AZ

Cycle gear on cave creek rd. Once you find the gear u like and the size u need. go find a deal on the internet and buy it!!!!!!:thumbsup: I am using a Victory Motocycles Texile tour Jacket Liner in for the cool times and liner out for the summer. has shoulder and elbow armor and a spine protector too. I got mine for $100 but Iwas the Manager there.

Last edited:
i wear a poly-pro shirt under my leather jacket and it's more than enough for the cold. check your local army/navy store for it. i think they run about $20.

I've gotten some cheap winter gear from sportsmensguide.com
They have army surplus and other warm stuff for snowmobileing etc........

i wear a poly-pro shirt under my leather jacket and it's more than enough for the cold. check your local army/navy store for it. i think they run about $20.

the poly pros are what i was referring to as hybrids. they're $20 a set around here. thats for a full set of top and bottom.
Posted via Mobile Device

+1 on posts above re: military issue gear. Below is what I use for really, cold days (if that is possible here in SoCal)...Liltroy: this what you called heavier, hybrid ?

index.3.jpg

The silk is what I prefer: thin, light and it works !

8049.jpg

Last edited:
+1 on posts above re: military issue gear. Below is what I use for really, cold days (if that is possible here in SoCal)...Liltroy: this what you called heavier, hybrid ?

index.3.jpg

8049.jpg

I have a set of the "heavier" (first pic) that Kromdom is speaking of..I wear mine too and originally bought them for layers when deer hunting...stuff works great!!:thumbsup: I am getting older I guess cause I still get cold after a while:laugh: I'm gonna stop by and pick up a set of the silks as well and try both--- as someone said earlier, good info guys!!! I still like to ride in the colder weather too--- I can handle down to about 35 but that's pushin' it:laugh:

index.3.jpg

8049.jpg

yep, thats the polypros/hybrids and the silks. great stuff for riding in the cold
Posted via Mobile Device

underarmour.com has close out items that I have bought. they are funky colors but if its going under your jacket who cares. multiple layers is the way to go. as long as you are somewhat comfortable and can easily move

index.3.jpg

8049.jpg

where can I find this in AZ, Phoenix?

Back