I hate winter riding!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Even here in LA the temperature change of winter has affected tire warm-up. I ride with D208s. 3 times this winter allready I have had the bike slightly sideways in the corners and once the bike just about fell to the ground in a corner, I literally had to countersteer the opposite way to keep the bike from falling down(I was moving about 25mph in a corner). Every time I was careful because I knew the tires were cold, but they were still trying to slip out from under me.

I hate winter,

can't wait for spring!!!

Same thing with the same tire here. Glad you kept her up.

I tried to take a quick ride in our balmy 43 degree weather today and was sliding all over the roads too with my Michelin Pilots. Of course it didn't help that there was still moisture on parts from the rain last night. Despite the slippage, it still felt great to hear her growl again. This winter thing sucks.

I tried to take a quick ride in our balmy 43 degree weather today and was sliding all over the roads too with my Michelin Pilots.  Of course it didn't help that there was still moisture on parts from the rain last night.  Despite the slippage, it still felt great to hear her growl again.  This winter thing sucks.
Aaaghhh water.....

Me and water don't get along at all. When the road has some wetness to it, forget about it, I ride the busa like a goldwing
tounge.gif

Glad to hear it wasn't worse.

EVERY ONE LISTEN UP!!! DUNLOP 208'S REALLY DON'T LIKE TO GRIP WHEN COLD. This is happening to offen. My old Bridgestones never slipped out on me but the first time a hit the gas on the new 208's I saw my backside pass me. These tires really seem to suck when cold. Please be careful.

I tried to take a quick ride in our balmy 43 degree weather today and was sliding all over the roads too with my Michelin Pilots.  Of course it didn't help that there was still moisture on parts from the rain last night.  Despite the slippage, it still felt great to hear her growl again.  This winter thing sucks.
Aaaghhh  water.....

Me and water don't get along at all.  When the road has some wetness to it, forget about it, I ride the busa like a goldwing  
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

I had the same experience on 208's. Slippery as hell until they are hot. And it's very hard to get time hot in winter weather?

Hey Charles! I live in Lakewood, CA too
smile.gif
Just got the Busa and went to Glendora Ridge where I hit slush/ice, then last Saturday I hit Malibu canyons  about 7:30AM and there was frost on moisture in some of the shadowed corners:O  YIKES! I've actually owned Goldwings (and BMW cruisers) and I think I was riding SLOWER than I used to ride them
wink.gif
 Besides tire slippage my hands were frozen even with winter gloves.

<!--EDIT|Ironbrad
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102423986 -->

Hey Charles! I live in Lakewood, CA too
smile.gif
Just got the Busa and went to Glendora Ridge where I hit slush/ice, then last Saturday I hit Malibu canyons  about 7:30AM and there was frost on moisture in some of the shadowed corners:O  YIKES! I've actually owned Goldwings (and BMW cruisers) and I think I was riding SLOWER than I used to ride them
wink.gif
 Besides tire slippage my hands were frozen even with winter gloves.
Busahaya and I were in the Malibu canyons on Sat also, about noonish. Must've just missed you out there!
race.gif

Glad to hear it wasn't worse.  

EVERY ONE LISTEN UP!!! DUNLOP 208'S REALLY DON'T LIKE TO GRIP WHEN COLD.  This is happening to offen.  My old Bridgestones never slipped out on me but the first time a hit the gas on the new 208's I saw my backside pass me.  These tires really seem to suck when cold.  Please be careful.
Yup, that's why I posted this.
Spread awareness, keep everyone up on two wheels  
smile.gif

And on other tires too, cold is cold.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102473742 -->

It's the slightly-damp roads that I hate. Or the ones that are just wet in patches. You have to ride on pins and needles - you WANT to ride faster because most of the road is dry, but it only takes ONE moist area and you are finished.

Back