Snow suit for winter riding

Stilslo

Registered
Anybody else tried this? I was in Gander Mountain last weekend and ran across snow suits on clearance, overall type that zips to the chest. Went out this evening in mid 30 degree weather and it works great. I've got armored winter pants, but still freeze when the temp drops. I think i've extended my winter riding season to include evenings after work. The move to Florida can't come soon enough.

Anybody else tried this? I was in Gander Mountain last weekend and ran across snow suits on clearance, overall type that zips to the chest. Went out this evening in mid 30 degree weather and it works great. I've got armored winter pants, but still freeze when the temp drops. I think i've extended my winter riding season to include evenings after work. The move to Florida can't come soon enough.

i freakin live in one 1/2 the year. i have Whall Blizzard Proof coveralls (same thing the U.S. Forest Service used for snow mobile suits) and Carhart blizzard proof bibs.
i wear the bibs when its cold and the coveralls when it's freakin freezing out.:errrr:

Had to google it never seen a snow suit

:tongue4::angry::goodidea:argue:3
:sasmokin:
:idea: :blowingup::laugh:

Are we talking a snow-mobile style one with same armor and abrasion resistant patches? Regular ones would not offer much protection. I just wear my lined riding pants and jacket with a heated liner and gloves. I used to wear a snowmobile bib in the winter with my regular 4 season jacket.

LOL, my snow suit is made by Nissan... It keeps me very warm, remote start, heated seats, heated mirrors and a defroster!

Looks like its warm :thumbsup: I have ski pants and jacket I have wore that seems to be pretty good but I have never road in weather that cold

I also thought about getting a snow suit, but winter never really set in this year. They probably don't have much abrasion resistance, do they? I wonder if some of the Carhartt stuff would be alright. Most of it seems to be as tough as textile riding gear.

LMAO your in miami!! Of course you never heard of a snow suit LOL :beerchug:
That would be like asking someone in Antarctica about sunscreen

I'm really not trying to pick at you, but it's pretty funny that you chose that analogy. Sunscreen is actually one of the most important things to have in Antarctica because of the huge hole in the ozone layer. :beerchug:

I wore my ski bib and powder jacket Monday. 27 degrees and car was in the shop. I rode like that for a whole winter once. I was in a crunch but would not recomend it to anyone. Not only is there no protection but in a slide those fiibers will become a part of your road rash and can lead to some serious problems later.

Yeah, I thought about that material being fused to my skin if I went down. I couldn't fit them over my armoured pants, but they fit nice over a pair of jeans.

Back