windscreens

Took 100 mile ride today with new shield (pics). First time ever I could sit upright with factory speedo reading 85-90MPH for long stretch. Before, anything above 65ish here in gusty Texas was too much, pushing helmet around. I don't want to mislead that it is perfect. However if it were possible to measure the cubic volume of air contacting driver either with factory shield or MRA vario shield, the latter would be much less. and because i'm 6'4" and handsome and put on many hwy miles, this is a step in the right direction for me. Many complain they don't like the appearance of touring shields, and that's cool, but for me it's about riding. I've put more miles on motorcycles in last 6 months than cars. thanks....

So.... Do you feel its worth the price??? It isn't exactly a cheap option ... Is it??:thumbsup:

For me yes it is worth price. My bike is not a track bike, or a stretched ghetto-cycle. it is for long sunday rides on all types of roads. even some light touring, over-nighters. I pd $150 ($161) shipped.
I have lowered buell pegs
Helibars

more reasonable for long rides. thanks.

Cqt... Still wanna think about joining me on the long road trip I have planned for late May???

was just thinking about that.... Yes, minimally I will ride on the first leg of the trip, hopefully all of it. let me know when you have some firm dates so i can let my team at work know. no rush. thanks man...

Little Rock,Amarillo, Santa Fe, Durango, Telluride, Moab, Lake Powell ,Sedona, Las Vegas, Back to Dallas
Approx 3600 Miles.... I am allowing 14 days for the trip...

Sounds like a blast mate. But 14 days away from my clinic? I so envy you being able to do that.

When you're in Santa Fe, stop in at Maria's and enjoy the best margarita you'll ever have (but don't ride back to the hotel, cos you'll have trouble even walking).

Did you get yours from Twisted Throttle?
I couldn't find any other importers...

Since I just broke my Zero Gravity I guess I'll be ordering one of these.

recieved MRA variable shield today. plan to install and hopefully ride tomorrow. this thing was packaged exceptionally well, multiple layers for protection.

Did you get yours from Twisted Throttle?
I couldn't find any other importers...
Since I just broke my Zero Gravity I guess I'll be ordering one of these.

same here on both points.
-yes I did get from twisted throttle.
-and no I have not seen any other sellers of same item.
made in Germany, the FatherLand, not cheep china chit.

when you say zero gravity, was yours the sport touring model shield?

No, Zero Gravity was the Double Bubble variety. And it actually wasn't too bad at certain speeds.
I called Twisted Throttle before I punched the button to order the MRA, I was about to sprinig for the express shipping costs. Salesguy tells me they are on backorder and he doesn't expect a shipment before the end of February!!!
I have to get something soon so I'll locate another DB or find a stock take-off to use while I wait. I'll keep calling the Twisted guys and will order one when they get them in stock. Hate to pay money and not know when or IF I will get my parts!
Thanks for confirming my research.

same here on both points.
-yes I did get from twisted throttle.
-and no I have not seen any other sellers of same item.
made in Germany, the FatherLand, not cheep china chit.

when you say zero gravity, was yours the sport touring model shield?

I just picked up a Yana Shiki for my 2011 Busa. Is there anything special I need to do to swap out the of windscreen for the new one? I had on 06 before this and not sure in the difference between generations. The owners manual doesn't tell me anything.

ITs basically the same. Remove small Allen bolts. Yank rubber rivets out, pull old screen out. Put new screen on, install rubber rivets and Allen bolts and perform test ride.
You may have to remove the Two plastic push rivets on the underside of the screen to get those rubber rivet thingys out. Makes it easier

Back