Windscreen recommendations

Just wanted to update this. I got my Puig DB. I am not 100% sure about it? Fitment wise, it actually fits worse than my chinese ebay windscreen (really..believe it or not)!! Airflow wise, its better. I got mine off of amazon and it was from Puig themselves so I know its not a knockoff. Anyways, I think I may end up getting a ZG as well to see the differences at highway speeds?

Interesting, I Had the Ebay $39 double bubble knock off on my Gen 1 and loved it, when I bought my Gen 2 I ordered the exact same one again for $39 and love it...curious as to why you decided to change to another one from this model?

Reason was for the highway wind buffeting I was getting from my ebay knockoff (which by the way I do like by the way). After riding 3.5 hrs at 85mphs and the wind force from the nose hitting me directly in the chin/face area, it is very fatiguing. Granted, I wasn't really tucked so that is also my fault but even then, I'd have to be in fully tucked to avoid the blast. Also my commute to work is highway so having a different windscreen helps in that sense. Otherwise, for around town or back road cruises, the ebay joint is awesome.

not PRETTY but works: MRA Vario Toruing screen

MRA%20VARIO%20TOURING%20SCREEN.jpg

Tank - do you know if that paticular MRA Vario Touring Screen works only with the stock hayabusa windscreen? I have a zero Gravity touring screen which is pretty good, but wouldn't mind raising the air flow another few inches if one of these would work. Thanks.

Tank - do you know if that paticular MRA Vario Touring Screen works only with the stock hayabusa windscreen? I have a zero Gravity touring screen which is pretty good, but wouldn't mind raising the air flow another few inches if one of these would work. Thanks.

Obviously I am NOT Tank but thought I'd chime in :)

Looks like you can buy a complete set up like mine (screen +lip) or buy parts to retrofit the lip to an existing screen. I hope you can read German?

P.S. I also have a ZG Touring screen and was planning to keep it for NON-TOURING, NON long distance rides. Now you got me thinking about a retrofit as well :)

https://www.mrashop.de/erp/catalog/...IGATION_PRODUCT_TABLE_NAVIGATION_KEY.offset=0

I am 6 foot 1 and i like the stock windsreen just fine on my 08 the wind hits me right on the chest which takes pressure of the arms hands also not as much wind noise buffeting in the helmet besides i own a fully blown touring bike also :thumbsup:

have you guys tried the FABBRI screens? i have used them on all my busas by far better than puig or zero gravity, more pronounced bubble and no creases, indy superbikes sells them for 65 bux, italians make good ****! :thumbsup:

My '08 with a ZG double bubble. Im 6'2" and it suits me just fine. Its actually lighter than it looks too. Fitment is pretty good.

IMG_20140618_192907.jpg

have you guys tried the FABBRI screens? i have used them on all my busas by far better than puig or zero gravity, more pronounced bubble and no creases, indy superbikes sells them for 65 bux, italians make good ****! :thumbsup:

I scoped out indysuperbike and they only have them for the GenI. I've ordered from Indysuperbike before and know they are legit, but just thought it was odd when I clicked the link to see the windscreen, it had a stock pic of a Hotbodies windscreen, lol

Where can I buy tinted/smoked windscreen or I am better of to tint the stock?

There are a bunch of websites that you can get tinted windscreens from. You can try some of the sponsors for hayabusa.org as well. It really depends on the style/purpose you are looking for when choosing which windscreen is for you. I personally would not tint the stock screen, but that's my personal opinion. Like busafan08 said, he prefers the stock windscreen, but he is a lot taller than I am so where the wind hits him in the chest, it blast me right in the chin/face section - which in longer distance riding takes a toll on my neck and shoulders.

My '08 with a ZG double bubble. Im 6'2" and it suits me just fine. Its actually lighter than it looks too. Fitment is pretty good.

Thanks Fritzjunker. I think I may eventually try that one as well and just compare the differences between the Puig and ZG for my use. Either way both screen look pretty good on the bike.

I scoped out indysuperbike and they only have them for the GenI. I've ordered from Indysuperbike before and know they are legit, but just thought it was odd when I clicked the link to see the windscreen, it had a stock pic of a Hotbodies windscreen, lol
they have them i just bought mine for a gen2, best looking screen on the market imo, if you need pics shoot me a message.

There are a bunch of websites that you can get tinted windscreens from. You can try some of the sponsors for hayabusa.org as well. It really depends on the style/purpose you are looking for when choosing which windscreen is for you. I personally would not tint the stock screen, but that's my personal opinion. Like busafan08 said, he prefers the stock windscreen, but he is a lot taller than I am so where the wind hits him in the chest, it blast me right in the chin/face section - which in longer distance riding takes a toll on my neck and shoulders.

I did tint the stock windscreen from the inside with plasti dip, just curious to see how it will look.
It looks great and I won't be needing the smoked windscreen for now.

Has anyone ever gone the other route and tried a shorter (if they make them) windscreen? Or cut down a stocker? On my old gen 1, I tried a taller screen and thought the buffeting/noise was worse than the stocker. It moved the rough air up to my helmet. Also, I wouldn't feel bad for "not tucking in". The only time I ever tuck in is for top speed or rain. Very very uncomfortable in my opinion.

Sorry, just saw your question... the MRA Vario Touring Screen I use is a complete replacement of the stock windscreen, the extra part on top is not an add on piece.

Back