windscreen makes poping sounds

wingman1800

Registered
the windscreen on my 2009 with 300 miles now makes popping and cracking sounds coming from windscreen.... bolts and snap pins are all tight. Even makes some noise when parked if i move screen....but usualy when i hit a small bump?????????
thanx
tom

maybe too tight? I would remove and inspect, might be cracked in an area that is concealed and out of sight.

Mine squeaked, too. Put some electrical tape (or similar) on it where the tab slides into the front fairing.

the windscreen on my 2009 with 300 miles now makes popping and cracking sounds coming from windscreen.... bolts and snap pins are all tight. Even makes some noise when parked if i move screen....but usualy when i hit a small bump?????????
thanx
tom

Need a little more info buddy what type do you have? :laugh: All bikes are different so they are not going to fit the same. Definately pull it inspect it and make sure it is not cracking.

Try putting some Vaseline on the rubber mounts that the screws go into on each side. Also, see if there are any points you can narrow the popping sound down to and install electrical tape or the soft side of velcro to eliminate the gaps.

It's down in the V where the screen mates with the bike plastic. Had the same problem with my original dark smoke and my replacement clear double bubble. Fixed by folding stick-on felt around the edges of the screen which slid into the groove. No more noise.

Back