windscreens

recieved MRA variable shield today. plan to install and hopefully ride tomorrow. this thing was packaged exceptionally well, multiple layers for protection.

P1000831.JPG

P1000833.JPG

Has it been a bit yet? :rofl:

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

ya i got distracted haha. here's a few shots of the screen at both minimum and maximum tilt positions. there are 7 positions in total that the lip can be adjusted to. i usually only ever have it all the way up or all the way down though.

DSCF3318.JPG

DSCF3319.JPG

DSCF3320.JPG

DSCF3321.JPG

DSCF3323.JPG

DSCF3324.JPG

DSCF3326.JPG

DSCF3325.JPG

I think the screen looks great without the adjustable thingy. It looks much like the regular screen but just a bit taller...I have never been a huge fan of the double bubble look of the Puig I have now. I am thinking of buying the non-adjustable touring screen they make just because it looks so much better than the Puig.

Oh, but Bradley? You really should think about losing that exhaust mate. The standard cans are ugly enough, but in solid black? Even uglier!

Doc: ya i know, that exhaust is horrible, but it's free to keep it. :-/ at least it matches the frame. The appearance of the paint is similar semi glossyness to the frame. i'm actually thinking about "losing" the bike :( i kinda need to sell it.

Troppo: yes it is adjustable while riding. i just reach the left hand over the shield when i'm on the on ramp for the interstate and flip the spoiler up. ive done before/after tests at interstate speeds and you can really feel the difference!

i'm actually thinking about "losing" the bike :( i kinda need to sell it.

Noooooooooooo...do whatever you need to do, but if you sell it your soul will be null and void...get a 2nd job...sell the kids for experiments (if you don't have any, kidnap some)...put the wife/gf on the street...ANYTHING!

BUT (and this is important) once you have done those things, lose the fekkin' cans!

haha believe me, i had big plans for the bike when i brought it home. then i lost my job, hell i even sold my car before considering selling the bike! but now i'm having some health issues that may be agitated by riding all the time (swollen prostate). apparently sitting like that isnt so good for you? since i am only in my mid 20's and dont want to have continuing problems with this or make things worse for the future, i think its best to let it go for a while. i just finished school and need to get back into a cheap vehicle til i can get back on my feet financially again. it will be sorely missed.

Took 100 mile ride today with new shield (pics). First time ever I could sit upright with factory speedo reading 85-90MPH for long stretch. Before, anything above 65ish here in gusty Texas was too much, pushing helmet around. I don't want to mislead that it is perfect. However if it were possible to measure the cubic volume of air contacting driver either with factory shield or MRA vario shield, the latter would be much less. and because i'm 6'4" and handsome and put on many hwy miles, this is a step in the right direction for me. Many complain they don't like the appearance of touring shields, and that's cool, but for me it's about riding. I've put more miles on motorcycles in last 6 months than cars. thanks....

P1000837.JPG

P1000842.JPG

P1000840.JPG

Germany makes inovative quality products. Their labor isn't cheap like china. Why doesn't America make stuff like this?

P1000854.JPG

Back