windscreens

I had a ZG double bubble and it was good for around town. I started a new job and ride 120 miles round trip which is mostly interstate. The ZG was not cutting it by any means.

I bought a MRA Vario Screen from TwistedThrottle.com for my Gen II. It was one of the best things I have ever bought for my bike in regards to comfort. Check it out, you will not be let down.

I had a ZG double bubble and it was good for around town. I started a new job and ride 120 miles round trip which is mostly interstate. The ZG was not cutting it by any means.

I bought a MRA Vario Screen from TwistedThrottle.com for my Gen II. It was one of the best things I have ever bought for my bike in regards to comfort. Check it out, you will not be let down.

is it quiet? i prefer function over form. if it looks goofy, and works i dont care! i just dont want wind noise like the DB i had from powerbronze gave me

I did not notice any increase in noise or anything in the way of a buzz or bad vibration from it. There are quite a few Org members using it and I have not seen anyone complain about it.

Most do not care for the adjustable lip at the top of the windshield, but it does wonders for some one that is riding on the interstate.

i'm gonna be doing about 160 miles a day for the next 3 months during school. i think i may give it a try :) thanks

Can anyone who has a variotouring screen from mra post a photo or two of it? Does the adjustable lip direct the wind higher than a double bubble screen would? If it deflects wind over my helmet I'll probably go for it

Last edited:
I like the look of the suzuki touring and the puig db quite well. I guess I should clarify what I meant when I said I wanted a taller screen for less wind. When I had my db on my first gen, it directed all the wind at my helmet. Made the ride a lot louder and could not keep my head still. I'm 6'1. I like the look of the stock screen and have no problems with it. The reason I thought I wanted a taller screen for my gen2 was to aim air above my helmet, not at it. Is this still an issue on the 2nd gen? I just didn't like all the wind aimed for my neck and helmet. I ride with headphones now so it should be quieter but I'd like to be under the wind without a full time touring screen like the zero gravity touring

Hi Bradbusa
I am 6' 3" and have a ZG touring screen on my Busa. If you sit bolt upright the wind still hits the helmet but if you lean a bit forward it works great but is still not perfect.

We once rode a rented Harley Davidson for a day in Cape Town. The Harley had the typical big adjustable screen which worked great at 50 mph. However over 65 it was dreadfull, no protection, wind buffeting, handle bars shaking it was by far worse than the Busa stock screen.

I really doubt if there actually is a perfect screen for bikes :lol:

Regards

Last edited:

I agree...

Here's the link to my thread on the ZG DB.
My ZG DB thread

I ordered a MRA Vario Screen today. The puney, tiny stock screen is ugly and provides very little function. Looking forward to the MRA next week, and hope the installation reveals no unpleasant surprises.

I had the ZG double bubble on my 05' for summer and the ZG touring for the winter. The double bubble would create alot of buffeting but looked great with decent wind protection. The touring shield was alot more comforable but looks were???? Put the puig double bubble on my Gen 2 and I notice less buffeting and great stability AND I can get down out of the cold. My vote goes to Puig DB.

different strokes for different folks eh? haha
i dont remember if i reposted after i purchased, but i ended up with the mra variotouring screen from twisted throttle. greatest investment i've made into this bike(besides the trunk mod). used it the entire 3 months i was travelling for school and loved every minute of it. the lip folds down in town and you can put it up if you want on the interstate. even with the lip down though, buffeting is worlds better than stock screen.
i was riding with a passenger who rides with me often, on a windy day right after i got the mra screen. we hopped on the interstate and i flipped the spoiler up for myself so i wouldnt have to fight the wind as much. the first thing she said to me when we came to a stop was how awesome it was and how much SHE liked it. she claimed there was almost no wind at all - on the passenger's seat of my bike! that impressed me. mra variotouring all the way.

bradbusa; said:
I ended up with the mra variotouring screen from twisted throttle. greatest investment i've made into this bike(besides the trunk mod). used it the entire 3 months i was travelling for school and loved every minute of it.

Does that mean you took it off after the 3 months were up and, if so, why? If not, any chance of some pics?

critter: no i still rock the mra screen! i was referring to my original post there. right now, this is the only photo i have of the bike with the screen. i'll snap a few shots when i go out in a bit.

IMG_0076.jpg

Hmmm...doesn't look too horrible from that angle. I'll be interested to see your pics when you get a chance. Thanks.

I have a Zero Gravity Sport Touring in Dark smoke and I love it. I wear an Arai RX-Q helmet and it is insanely quiet. I have a 2008 Orange/Black and it looks pretty sharp, not an old guy look. The bike came with a black Double bubble from Puig and that is just sitting in the garage now.

I have a Zero Gravity Sport Touring in Dark smoke and I love it. I wear an Arai RX-Q helmet and it is insanely quiet. I have a 2008 Orange/Black and it looks pretty sharp, not an old guy look. The bike came with a black Double bubble from Puig and that is just sitting in the garage now.

Well sell that puig to me, cause that's exactly what I want!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

Back