windscreens

bradbusa

Registered
hey guys, i'm checking out a few manufacturers. looking to replace my stock windscreen. going to be doing a lot of riding in the next several months. wanted to see if you guys could post up some photos of your aftermarket windscreens. also wanted to get some feedback on the double bubble screens for the 2nd gen. i've had them on both my 1st gens and didnt like how much wind was aimed up at my helmet.. is this issue still present on k8 models?
i'm considering either the hotbodies, powerbronze(had them before and like them), or yana shiki standard(they're cheap).
thanks in advance for the replies :)

Check out pashnits stuff it seems that he offers a few choices for a fair price

puig all the way!! Have the dark smoke db and love it, lots on here are using puig or zero gravity. These are the best pics i have of it right now

010.jpg

025.JPG

039.JPG

010.jpg

025.JPG

039.JPG

i like the look of the puig. their photos dont do it justice. do you notice that it throws more wind at your helmet vs the stock screen? i didnt like how noisy my DB was on my '03.

I just saw a Chrome Sportech for $29 at Cycle Gear here in Atl. Anyone want this and will pay $10 to ship, PM me and I'll see if they still have it tomorrow. I'll post my windscreen later.
Posted via Mobile Device

I love my Puig double bubble. I just wrote a review located here.. Main Index - Hayabusa Product Reviews If you guys have something you like or dislike, help our fellow orgsters and write a review about it. When someone asks, whats the best tire, or oil, or windscreen, bar ends, gear, etc, we will have reviews for others to read in one handy location. If you have any issues posting up, shoot me a pm and I will do what I can to help. :beerchug:

seems like a lot of people went for the puig DB. did you guys notice an increase in wind noise directed at your helmet after switching from the stock screen?

Hey bradbusa,

Have you considered the "sport touring light smoked windscreen" from Suzuki itself? I got one on mine and just completed a cross country (US) tour of 26 days. Never had a problem with buffeting from the wind. Granted, it's not as sleek and slick looking as some of the other ones available out there but, for touring purposes, I'd highly recomend it.

Sorry in advance... not the best of pics but, they are the best I have here at work. :whistle:

Photo-0054.jpg

Photo-0108.jpg

Photo-0126.jpg

That's a great looking setup you have.

Is that the big (52L) Givi case?

What's it like on a trip - does it effect the handling at all?

Regards from Australia.

seems like a lot of people went for the puig DB. did you guys notice an increase in wind noise directed at your helmet after switching from the stock screen?

I have a kind of loud helmet any way...so I didnt notice any more noise or wind.

By dynamics it should be less wind than stock?

That's a great looking setup you have.

Is that the big (52L) Givi case?

What's it like on a trip - does it effect the handling at all?

Regards from Australia.

Regards from Canada!! :thumbsup:

Yep... 52 liters. It was my first long trip (little over 18,000 kilometers) with it and I loved it. I was a little afraid of my visibility in the rearview mirrors suffering (since it is so big) but, I couldn't even tell it was there unless I moved to the left or right... line of sight to the rear was never affected. As far as the handling, I didn't even really know it was there most of the time. I couldn't feel it at all in the twisties and never gave me any probelms what so ever. However, keep in mind that I only had clothing in there, a pair of sneakers for my nightly stops at motels, and a laptop mini (to check emails and load maps on the Garmin). So, nothing heavy to affect the handling/balance.

Regards from Canada!! :thumbsup:

So, nothing heavy to affect the handling/balance.

Great - thanks. I'm a bit leery re side cases. Mainly because I plan to install a Yoshi R77 full system, and the muffler comes awful close to the bottom of the case.

I am a cheapo so I went with a ZG DB from their outlet store (50% off). It does a very good job of reducing buffeting, pretty sure the PUIG does the same. I wear ear plugs full-time so wind noise is a non-issue.

I like the look of the suzuki touring and the puig db quite well. I guess I should clarify what I meant when I said I wanted a taller screen for less wind. When I had my db on my first gen, it directed all the wind at my helmet. Made the ride a lot louder and could not keep my head still. I'm 6'1. I like the look of the stock screen and have no problems with it. The reason I thought I wanted a taller screen for my gen2 was to aim air above my helmet, not at it. Is this still an issue on the 2nd gen? I just didn't like all the wind aimed for my neck and helmet. I ride with headphones now so it should be quieter but I'd like to be under the wind without a full time touring screen like the zero gravity touring

Back