Can someone tell me the difference between these two???

JJsBusaRox

Registered
Hi everyone. Getting ready to buy a Puig double bubble windscreen. I've read a few reviews on here and how they are highly recommended from people who have them. I had it on my CBR1KRR so I know they are great but want to know the difference between these two.

There is the Puig Racing Windscreen (which I think is the double bubble that everyone here has), and the Puig Z Racing windscreen. The Z racing says it has a more aggressive bubble. What does that mean exactly? More wind protection when tucked in/not tucked in or what?

I'm 5'9" and with my stock screen, the airflow hits me right on my dang neck (while not tucked in)!! So I'm looking for something that is going to direct the airflow at or over my helmet. I'm gonna purchase one of these two but was just curious if you all had any info on the difference between them if any. Also, how much and where did you all buy your Puig's from?

Thanks for your time and feedback everyone!

Here are the links to the two screens:
Puig Z Racing Windscreens Suzuki GSX1300R - Indysuperbikes

Puig Racing Windscreens Suzuki GSX1300R - Indysuperbikes

I forgot which company it was. They offered a regular double bubble and drag foible bubble. Drag was slightly lower in height compared with the regular DB.

^ yeah, I was looking at the MRA's too. How was the install on this? Was it as hard like everyone has reported on the Puig db's?

Morning bump! Puig owners, which one of the two mentioned above do you have?? BTW, this is for a Gen 2.

I have that Racing Puig Double bubble. I don't know what the difference is from the Racing Z. I am 5'8" and the stock windscreen, the air would hit me at my helmet area and I could feel the air pushing my head back. With the Racing Double bubble, I no longer feel that push.

Thanks Htown! That's exactly the kind of info I'm looking for. 'Preciate it! Hopefully a couple more will chime in with some feedback...

I have the Z on mine, shoot pashnit a pm and he will get you what you want.

i have the puig, used to have zg. found no buffetting with puig...like it alot

I have that Racing Puig Double bubble. I don't know what the difference is from the Racing Z. I am 5'8" and the stock windscreen, the air would hit me at my helmet area and I could feel the air pushing my head back. With the Racing Double bubble, I no longer feel that push.

Yup I can vouch for that:thumbsup:

The Puig was very frustrating to put on. I almost threw it across my garage but remembered that I paid money for it. I thought I was shipped the wrong one. Patience is key.

The Z Racing series is for the newer model bikes. That's the only difference between that and the other Puig double bubble

I have the dark smoke Puig Z DB on my 08 and love it. The racing one has a skinnier bubble on it for less wind drag, it is the same height as the Z so it is a matter of which one you like best. Personally, I don't like the looks of the skinny one. The puig was a bit of a pain to install the 1st time I did it but it popped right in place the second time. I don't know what I did differently. Call Pashnit and Justin from Honda East. I don't know if Pashnit sells the Puig or not, I know he carries the Zero Gravity. I got my Puig from Honda East. They are both great guys who will take care of you.

I have the dark smoke Puig Z DB on my 08 and love it. The racing one has a skinnier bubble on it for less wind drag, it is the same height as the Z so it is a matter of which one you like best. Personally, I don't like the looks of the skinny one. The puig was a bit of a pain to install the 1st time I did it but it popped right in place the second time. I don't know what I did differently. Call Pashnit and Justin from Honda East. I don't know if Pashnit sells the Puig or not, I know he carries the Zero Gravity. I got my Puig from Honda East. They are both great guys who will take care of you.

Thanks charlie! This was the comparison I was looking for. :thumbsup: I knew there had to be someone who knew the difference between the two.

The Z Racing series is for the newer model bikes. That's the only difference between that and the other Puig double bubble

Check your PM Justin!! Thanks!

Back