Will this style disc lock fit the REAR rotor

1meanZ

Registered
I already have a Kryptonite EV for the front but that style won't fit the rear. With a lock on the front, a couple of guys can still lift the front and roll the bike on the rear tire. I figure with a lock front and rear the entire bike will have to be lifted hopefully sending a potential thief to the next bike. I only leave the bike at work where there are several other bikes and decent security.

disc_lock.gif

I used the EV on the rear disk i think i put it through the hole and around the disk part, try that out

They'll just pick the bike up and chuck in the back of a truck. Takes a couple seconds, and an outdoor security cam won't capture enough detail to find the vehicle with (may be stolen, anyway) -- won't have to worry about rolling it.

You should really chain it to something -- then the thief will have to use a portable (powered) grinder or jack. Rules out the opportunists, FWIW.

In addition to a good Krypto chain I use one of the newer SS Xena locks. Very loud alarm, reliable, and easy to use. The older Xena locks with the smaller (5/10mm) pins were junk, but the new ones are much beefier.

Plus, I've eaten a fender with a disc lock before. Glad it wasn't a brake caliper, but there you go (at least I had an excuse to get a CF replacement ;) ).

Back