Which rotors

don't forget to buy new pads for those new rotors. Not a good idea to use the old ones.

hogger...

Rotors were 640. Bolts were 140. Ti axles are 375 each x3. I have Galfer lines and caliper bolts coming in. That should throw me right over the 2k mark.

Rotors were 640. Bolts were 140. Ti axles are 375 each x3. I have Galfer lines and caliper bolts coming in. That should throw me right over the 2k mark.
yup! Buried me. Grab is Top Dog in this message thread!!

Can't justify the axles Grab. Just can't.

hogger...
I can't either.

Considering with all I have invested, my bike is probably still worth about or maybe abit less than a new stock Busa. I guess Im building a nice bike for the next guy that'll own it. Now thats a scary way of thinking about modding.

I recently purchased front and rear waves by Braking for $520 to my door. Don't see much difference between these and Galfers other than the slots on the rear and the name.

<!--EDIT|whytlotus
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143920563 -->

Braking.JPG

hmmm..interesting. One thing I notice is the brake pad contact area on the rotor it's self. Figured that's what it is all about to begin with thus EBC purchase by me. Price was a factor also.

Looking at those "Braking" brand rotors they look a little thin on the brake pad surface to me.

Please note I am not an expert on this and wish not to offend. Just my thoughts on the subject.

hogger...

116_1694.JPG

just got back from my 'zook dealer-told me not to bother with Galfers or Braking Wave rotors till stockers start to warp....which shud be about same time i cum back from Maxton n the let's-see-how-fast-i-can-stop-frum-200+mph contest in Sept. Just ordered EBC HH pads (front/rear), Goodridge SS lines (all 3) n the new Dunlop Qualifiers. Mech said i shud improve my braking from 100+ by 10-20' n eliminate fade almost completly.

price for all-$545....u can all hate me now-
tounge.gif

just got back from my 'zook dealer-told me not to bother with Galfers or Braking Wave rotors till stockers start to warp....which shud be about same time i cum back from Maxton n the let's-see-how-fast-i-can-stop-frum-200+mph contest in Sept.  Just ordered EBC HH pads (front/rear), Goodridge SS lines (all 3) n the new Dunlop Qualifiers. Mech said i shud improve my braking from 100+ by 10-20' n eliminate fade almost completly.

price for all-$545....u can all hate me now-
tounge.gif
need a spare set of stock rotors? .0198 thickness and like new?

Well, wait until Wednesday if you do. First dibs to another member.

Oh..I'll throw in the pads also not that you will need them.

hogger...

nah, i'm good 4 now-once the OEMs burn out I'm going fer the Galfers, i think they're manf. from better materials for type of stops i do consistently-i.e: hard, high-speed grab-a-handful-and-pray-stops. but until then, i'm jes runnin pads n lines. When $$$ is rite, goin for Radial mount calipers n master cylinder....if my lady lets me:laugh:

I recently purchased front and rear waves by Braking for $520 to my door. Don't see much difference between these and Galfers other than the slots on the rear and the  name.
What's the deal with Braking?

I think Galfer and Braking are the same companies. Yet I hear the Braking rotors are not safe and not the same in quality. To me they look damn near identical and priced pretty close to eachother. Im guessing they're just as good, but with a cooler looking rear rotor.

I recently purchased front and rear waves by Braking for $520 to my door. Don't see much difference between these and Galfers other than the slots on the rear and the  name.
YOU WILL.....GIVE IT TIME....
I have heard as well that the Braking rotors werent as good as the Galfers.....  what is the deal?
Not sure, but at this point I think it's all opinion. I doubt they are any less.

Back