How do lock your BUSA?

If it is parked outside then you can just forget about it and make sure your INS. is payed in full!
mad.gif

If they want it bad enough, they are going to take it no matter how much they screw it up.
sad.gif

All of the pictures above will delay them some but won't keep them from taking it. All they do is lift it into a truck and then worry about the locks later. Even then, they still laugh at those locks!

I forgot what it's called but they spray some kind of stuff on those locks and hit it with a hammer. It makes those locks shatter like GLASS!

Your best bet is to get it in a garage with a dog and several alarms. Hopefully you aren't a HEAVY sleeper and you will hear them before it's to late. Just make sure you come running with some fire power like NINJA EATER posted.

I like GLOCKS myself Model 22, .40 Cal. last of the 15 round clips!
biggrin.gif

Josh
blues.gif

The winter sucks here in michigan,But im lucky not to have to worry much about bike theft.Just park it in the garage and shut the door.Plus a few toys in my closet if the occasion comes about...
guns.gif
evil.gif

As most of the folks here know (and are probably sick of hearing me b!tch about it) I had my beloved Kat stolen a year ago Christmas. I'm thinking heavy artilllary and large dogs.

I have the same chain, and haven't had any problems. I think when most people see the chain they figure "its too much work" when chances are there is an unlocked bike right beside it or around the corner. I use it when I travel or go to bike events, but my bike is parked in my garage while at home. I do plan on getting a scorpio alarm- and their sensitivity setting is adjustable so you should be able to compensate for the wind.

As for the GLOCK, well you gotta sleep sometime so not even the glck will help you then..
smile.gif

You can not stop a professional you can just slow them down.Sorry for your loss its a little off the hook with bike thefts in NJ I heard that there is a club just for stealing bikes.BTW I like your avatar I think I know them three lol

jetset
what do you mean "I think I know them three"

about the scorpio what good does the pager do when most of the time I'm more than half mile away from the bike?
Is there a system out there that could page your cell phone?

jetset
what do you mean "I think I know them three"

about the scorpio what good does the pager do when most of the time I'm more than half mile away from the bike?
Is there a system out there that could page your cell phone?
There are a few alarms that have the page feature depending on what type of cell phone you have. None have the quality the Scorpio looks to have. There are also GPS locators for bikes. I was originally looking for one, but a friend brought up good point. GPS locators are ok but if your bike is within a structure ie.. parking garage or under ground parking, GPS will not pick up the signal. So if your bike is lifted from the forth floor in a garage and put into a van chances are it will be a problem to track it. Also GPS locators require a subscription to a service provider.

The Scoripio had me sold for a few reasons: FM communication to the bike, a two axis accelerometer in place of traditional shock sensor. It also has many good features such as battery monitoring (cycle batt. and remote batt.) It also time/date stamps all the events that occur. Most importantly it plugs into the factory harness of the Busa, which I think is the best thing, no cutting into your wiring and if you ever need to chuck it, it's gone. Btw, when I'm out with my bike I'm never more than a half mile away, so range is not an issue for me.

The bottom line is that if they want your scoot its theirs you can only cause a diversion by any of these items and hope they move on to the next bike.

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076194079 -->

I'm w/ dezzy, the bike stays in the garage at home and a chain for travel stops.  I do like the Scorpio, I emailed them about buying it and you can buy direct or from a dealer...  I'm going to ask I guy I know if he can get'm wholesale.  

Any SF BA Busa riderz want one IF I can get a good price?  He usually does $5-10 over his cost. (hit my web site and email me from there...)

<!--EDIT|CorrodedAlien
Reason for Edit: "oops'd"|1076206192 -->

Back