Will a basic mod bike gain with a multi stage?

eric wiseman

Registered
I don't know a dang thing about clutches. I'll admit. My down the road consists of a big bore stroker street motor but now I have a brocks ct and bmc on a Schnitz drop in file.

Will a multi stage lockup give me gains throughout or just on the 1/4? I ride a ton of street and am looking for performance options to get an edge.

Good bad or just for spray/boost bikes?!?

I had an MTC multi on my 04 that just got wrecked. I was going low 1.50 sixty foot times with a stock clutch, sitting at 63.5" and me at 260 lbs in a pair of shorts.

After a couple months of messing with it, i had finally gotten my sixty foots down to a 1.51:rofl: A lot of that was due to me not knowing what I was doing and having a steep learning curve. I think that on a short bike they are not as big of an advantage as a long bike, except that you can throw the clutch out and not have to slip it. Great for pro tree racing

i'm in the same situation, as far as getting maybe a single stage lockup sometime in the future.

like so many things, if it's tunned right you can get an advantage/improvement. If you just slap a lockup in and don't tune it then you'll suffer. Also, I would think you would want a street tune and a second tune for the strip. When you're on the street you might not want so much clutch slip in the lower revs. I've got three seperate setups. ! for the street locks up at a low rpm but is still pretty prgressive with the lock up. 2. For dyno work, the clutch locks quick and hard. 3. for racing it's slow to lockup and doen't lock until a high rpm.

How much street riding are you planning? If you don't switch it up or have it just right you'll be burning clutches up on the street. There's no reason on a 60-64 in bike with the right gearing you can't go 1.50-52 dead consistent 60fts with a hand clutch.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back