Gen 2 horsepower mods and tuning questions

Well we finally made it to south Carolina to Chris Moore's place. I wasn't able to get all the parts installed due to having to deal with damage from hurricane ida. I had to get a cargo trailer, install tow package on vehicle, and install tie down equipment Wednesday to leave for Thursday. We were supposed to leave early Thursday morning but left at 11am from working on getting things ready and being to excited to go to sleep at a decent time. Between rest stops and gas stops it took us 16 hours. Chris and the other workers were super chill and helpful. I'll have to make a trip back to pick it up due the work load. We will head to the dragon then take the Natchez trace towards home. I plan to attempt an iba saddle sore after I pick the bike up in a few weeks.

IMG_20210929_185616510.jpg

IMG_20210930_085140558_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211001_161129274_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211001_154429668_HDR.jpg

654810724.jpg

IMG_7493.jpg

So ran into a snag. The shop calls and tells me that they can't use the ecu editor nitrous harness or the bosche 69420 fuel pump that I brought. This is after quite a few emails of telling him my plans and bringing it almost 700 miles one way . They are saying that the fuel pump is 3x too big to fit. After telling them that it will fit after it's removed from the sleeve, still a no go for them. To be honest I'm kind of upset after communicating clearly what my plans were and what I had. At this point I'm ready to just go pick it up.

I told them that and it sounds like a tech was in the background and information was being relayed. I wanted get everything installed before hand but got set back by hurricane ida. I thought it was common to install those pumps too, I was wrong I suppose....
I have a flash interface and wego 3 on the way from boost by smith now...

Cool
Buying a gen3?

edit
Nevermind
I see your gen2 is at MM...you're gonna be happy with that.
No I wish! I should have waited but I didn't a gen 3 to be released

Well I didn't get and performance work done. I waited two weeks to call. When I spoke to someone they said the part they said would fit, would not work. It was a bosche a bosche fuel pump and boost by smith nitrous harness. It's frustrating because I told them what parts I was using and they said it would work. I waited a few more days for a price for everything and when I called back no price was given due to poor management, it happens they are busy. So with a week left for me to pick it up still no price. I got them to install lowering links for the ride back and that's it.

No I wish! I should have waited but I didn't a gen 3 to be released

Well I didn't get and performance work done. I waited two weeks to call. When I spoke to someone they said the part they said would fit, would not work. It was a bosche a bosche fuel pump and boost by smith nitrous harness. It's frustrating because I told them what parts I was using and they said it would work. I waited a few more days for a price for everything and when I called back no price was given due to poor management, it happens they are busy. So with a week left for me to pick it up still no price. I got them to install lowering links for the ride back and that's it.

That sucks, sorry to hear that.

It unifies the ignition maps similar to a tre. It takes the 5th and 6th gear ignition maps and applies those to gears 1 through 4. Can also make changes to the fuel maps also. It does all this through the ECU instead of using a a tre or piggyback fuel module.
and here I was going to say it's when you wear your bath robe with nothing else on and flash your wife who rolls her eyes and goes back to reading her book...

Just exactly what is a flash.

A flash is Any change made to any setting in the ecu, through the ecu, and that change remains until it's setting is changed in the ecu again.
Not to be confused with a "piggyback" module like a Power Commander, where any changes are only present when the module is plugged into the bike, and has a map installed on it.

So what you do is pack a lot timing and fuel at low range, and mid range plus a lot of upper secondary throttle openings . the secondary fuel likes a 60 40 30 @ 6th up. all these settings are from my settings. So timing up to 30 fuel up to 10% lots of Sec t p opening . All of these settings took me years to perfect. they have to work together. I run 18/40 and fear no one.
most of the tourk is gone the bike is much easier to ride.

So I have the boost by smith flashing harness installed. I first flashed the bike in south carolina with my windows tablet with no issues. fast forward a few weeks and I am back at home and trying to read the engine data and datalog. It seems that the engine data works but takes forever to synchronize and is very laggy. When the data logging screen is first opened all seems well, well, for about 3 seconds then the data stops. At the bottom of the screen it seems the box is connecting and disconnecting. In the advanced settings I have fast baud rate and wideband o2 checked. Ive read that fast baud rate can affect suzukis ability to read diagnostic trouble codes. Is fast baud rate possibly affecting the engine data and data logging capabilities? I emailed boost by smith (awsome guy btw) and he needed some videos to be more clear on the situation. I wasn't able to get better vids before coming back to work so I was hoping someone on the org has some info on this. Ive looked around a good bit and couldn't find much info on this. bike is a us 2020 gen 2. TIA!!!

Last edited:
For anyone that's having this problem using ECU editor for data logging through the stock ECU and wideband, do not check fast baud rate. This got the data logging to work but I am still having issues with engine data connecting quickly.

Back