Need Some Advice

gack

Registered
just bought a full Yosh exhaust and I'm hoping to get some mapping changes made. problem is that there is no one in my city that is familiar with this bike so having it tuned by anyone with first hand knowledge isnt an option. My (limited) understanding of the process says that ECU editor is out, we have shops with a dyno but zero experience on this bike PCv sounds like it will work with a stock map in it but is expensive, I can get an ecu flash from Powerhouse that sounds like it will do as much as the power commander with a stock map at a fraction of the price. whats the opinion of the experts on this site on which way to go, I would like to get the most out of the pipe that I can with my limited options for tuning, I'm not planning on doing more to the bike as far as engine upgrades go, It's a daily rider with some limited touring.
2009 gen 2 stock other than pipe and K&N. Any advice is appreciated

I would use power house let him know your mods and he can get it closer than anyone.

I would use power house let him know your mods and he can get it closer than anyone.
That was my thought as well. Any thoughts on having the pair circuit and co2 disabled? Not sure what the our circuit is.

If you remove the pair system ya i would have him do that too. I do not know the c02 system your chatting on.

Get a general ECU flash to set rpm limit, pair system off, etc. Get a general flash for your mods. Then do a road trip and take the bike and get a specific dyno tune. You'll enjoy the ride, especially the return ride home.

Get a general ECU flash to set rpm limit, pair system off, etc. Get a general flash for your mods. Then do a road trip and take the bike and get a specific dyno tune. You'll enjoy the ride, especially the return ride home.
Even if the guy doing the dyno tune has never done a Busa?

Even if the guy doing the dyno tune has never done a Busa?

I was saying to take a trip and ride somewhere where you can get a reliable tune. Set so they can do it while you wait. I takes a couple hours or so but if they know all the trouble you are going through to get there they will do it. Make a road trip out of it.

I was saying to take a trip and ride somewhere where you can get a reliable tune. Set so they can do it while you wait. I takes a couple hours or so but if they know all the trouble you are going through to get there they will do it. Make a road trip out of it.
Yeh. I was just going to reply to your previous post. Just realized what you meant. But if I could find someone that can do it, and I'm sure I can within a 3 hr ride, would I then need a power Commander? If so I should probably just bite the bullet and get the PC?

Yeh. I was just going to reply to your previous post. Just realized what you meant. But if I could find someone that can do it, and I'm sure I can within a 3 hr ride, would I then need a power Commander? If so I should probably just bite the bullet and get the PC?
Or is the flash needed as well

Or is the flash needed as well
Well you mentioned a few things that can come from a flash that have nothing to do with a tune (i.e. PAIR removal). Although many ride bikes with full exhausts I wouldn't so I was thinking you need something to get things in the ball park to ride it to get a dyno tune. You could put on a PCV with a general map and then have it taken off and the ECU flashed when you get it tuned, then sell the PCV. Or just use the PCV, I've had mine for 5 years with no problems. Lots of options.

Well you mentioned a few things that can come from a flash that have nothing to do with a tune (i.e. PAIR removal). Although many ride bikes with full exhausts I wouldn't so I was thinking you need something to get things in the ball park to ride it to get a dyno tune. You could put on a PCV with a general map and then have it taken off and the ECU flashed when you get it tuned, then sell the PCV. Or just use the PCV, I've had mine for 5 years with no problems. Lots of options.
I'll send my ecu to powerhouse after my insurance runs out for the winter in November then try to source a tuner in Vancouver over the winter and ride the bike down to get that done.
Would a pc3 work? Only ask cause I can get one for cheap off of a gen 1.
Also not sure if I'll wait to install the header until winter or get it on for the last couple of weeks of riding with no flash. I really want to get the big uglys off the bike.
Thanks for the info, very much appreciated.

I'll send my ecu to powerhouse after my insurance runs out for the winter in November then try to source a tuner in Vancouver over the winter and ride the bike down to get that done.
Would a pc3 work? Only ask cause I can get one for cheap off of a gen 1.
Also not sure if I'll wait to install the header until winter or get it on for the last couple of weeks of riding with no flash. I really want to get the big uglys off the bike.
Thanks for the info, very much appreciated.

I highly recommend you call Frank at PowerHouse and discuss your plans with him. You can rely on his recommendation, it's as solid as it is going to get. I don't see why a PC3 wouldn't work but I and a DIY - only done the PCV/Yoshi R-77 full on mine.

I highly recommend you call Frank at PowerHouse and discuss your plans with him. You can rely on his recommendation, it's as solid as it is going to get. I don't see why a PC3 wouldn't work but I and a DIY - only done the PCV/Yoshi R-77 full on mine.
Cheers. Thanks for all your time on this. I'll call Frank.

Call frank, flash that ecu. Then install the pipes and a bazzaz zfi that's laying around..... then get the bike dyno tuned![
Call frank, flash that ecu. Then install the pipes and a bazzaz zfi that's laying around..... then get the bike dyno tuned!
LOL. thats great advice Jake, I think I may have found a guy a short ride away that can do all I need, I'll talk to him tomorrow and you never know about the Bazzaz. ps. mailed your cheque today.

Back