Need Some Advice

Cuffee

Donating Member
Registered
Hello Everyone,
It seems I have posted in a long while. I just recently moved to Bristow, VA. So, I am trying to get settled.

I have a problem...My old house had a walk out basement. The new house doesn't. However, there are only 5 steps to get in and out the basement. The steps aren't that steep. I would like to put my bikes in the basement (so I can do work on them, etc.).

Anyone got an easy set up to get a bike in and out a non walk out basement?

Thanks,
Donald

Maybe you could use a piece of 1/4" plywood as a ramp to go up and down the steps.
rock.gif

(tpbio @ Oct. 10 2006,05:21) Maybe you could use a piece of 1/4" plywood as a ramp to go up and down the steps.  
rock.gif
I tried that yesterday. The board seemed to bend from the weight of the motorcycle. I am hoping that there is a ramp or something that I can buy.

You could also use an ATV FOLDABLE RAMP. It's made of aluminium and folds for storage. I has hole in it big enough to keep your footing and strong enough to hold you bikes. my 2 cents
all_coholic.gif

(1 BAD 2K @ Oct. 10 2006,06:02) You could also use an ATV FOLDABLE RAMP. It's made of aluminium and folds for storage. I has hole in it big enough to keep your footing and strong enough to hold you bikes. my 2 cents
all_coholic.gif
You probably can get those from Lowes??? I will check into them also... I don't want to pay a lot of money for the solution. Thanks for your input :-)

Or get fancy and get a hydrolic (or air) lift and lowere yourself down.
super.gif

I just found a web site called Ramp Master. They have a very nice ramp that can be used for the truck as well as getting my motorcycles into the basement. I think I am going to go that route. Check them out and let me know what you think.

They look really good to me, but seem a little expensive. I dont' know, never bought a ramp. I wonder if someone local that makes trailors might also have/make ramps?

What's wrong with something that locks into the steps with non-skid on it.

1/2 plywood and some 2X4 runners w/ step notches in them.

(tpbio @ Oct. 10 2006,09:38) They look really good to me, but seem a little expensive. I dont' know, never bought a ramp. I wonder if someone local that makes trailors might also have/make ramps?
I am looking at the 9 ft ramps. I find that most ramps have a very steep incline. The 9 ft ramps allow you to drive (at least) up the ramp since the incline is not as steep. Also, I really like the width of the ramps. The quote I got for everything including shipping was $510. I think that is a little pricey but I think the width of the ramp one me over.

(CorrodedAlien @ Oct. 10 2006,10:15) What's wrong with something that locks into the steps with non-skid on it.

1/2 plywood and some 2X4 runners w/ step notches in them.
Nothing wrong with it...I just don't know how to make one.....

Cuffee, Please be careful working on your bike in the basement. You are probably aware the water heater, furnace and other appliances are usually located in the basement and can be ignition sources for gas and solvents used to work on the bike.

(GSXcite @ Oct. 10 2006,18:01) Cuffee, Please be careful working on your bike in the basement. You are probably aware the water heater, furnace and other appliances are usually located in the basement and can be ignition sources for gas and solvents used to work on the bike.
I will definitely be careful...I wouldn't want to blow my house up. Thanks for looking out :-)

Back