Gen 2 horsepower mods and tuning questions

So I have installed ecu editor on my new to me laptop and I am getting a strange dll error. I attached a picture showing some of the code of the error. I installed com port drivers and the error still arises. I uninstalled and reinstalled ecu editor and am getting the same code. I am running windows 10 on a razer blade stealth 13. I have ecu editor installed on my tablet for track and street use and all works well. I was hoping to be able to get this set up working if possible, any help on this would be appreciated.
20220821_233046.jpg

I have not made much progress on the nitrous kit but am hoping to when I get home from work. I have to finish wiring the bottle heater, switches, solenoid, mount purge, and a few miscellaneous things. After a year of having the nitrous manifold installed I thinks its overdue to have this part of the project wrapped up, i'm also tired of getting smoked at the the track, hopefully the nitrous will help close the gap lol.

Search the hard drive for FTD2XX.DLL.

Find the ecueditor program directory (c:\program files or c:\program files (x86).

Search that directory for *.dll to locate other drivers.

Copy FTD2XX.DLL into that folder.

Try again.

Are your other systems Windows 10? If you have trouble, finding the driver on those systems may help you to put it in the same location on this system.

If this app is not Win 10 compatible, there are possible solutions like running in compatibility mode, or reinstalling specifying compatibility mode.

Search the hard drive for FTD2XX.DLL.

Find the ecueditor program directory (c:\program files or c:\program files (x86).

Search that directory for *.dll to locate other drivers.

Copy FTD2XX.DLL into that folder.

Try again.

Are your other systems Windows 10? If you have trouble, finding the driver on those systems may help you to put it in the same location on this system.

If this app is not Win 10 compatible, there are possible solutions like running in mode, or reinstalling specifying compatibility mode.
I will give this a shot and see what happens. My tablet is windows 7 and my other computer is windows 10. I have not came across this specific issue before and I did not find any info on this with a quick search.

I did not think about running in compatibility mode but that may be an option. I don't do much on this pc so I'm not sure why this pc is acting up with ecu editor. So far its only when I have tried to open the data logging screen but I am not home to try to test the flashing feature.

Well, I got the ecu flashing equipment sorted and experimented with the autotune features. Seemed to work well within a few runs and flashes.

Awhile back I had a strange issue with the bike running, seemed to be running really rough and had high AFR. I put ethanol free fuel with stabilizer when I fill up because I don't ride it much. I opened the tank and found water built up. When I wash it I typically don't put water around the fuel fill area or no water at all and use a waterless wash. I must have put a healthy dose of water that time because there was a good bit of water around the fuel fill. After more inspection the drain line was clogged, and water must have backed up and went into the tank. I cleaned everything up, got the drain line clear, drained fuel, added some sea foam with marvel mystery oil, and filled with fresh fuel. After some time, the bike went back to running normal.

Fast forward and I am having a similar issue, but the AFR reading aren't as high. The bike has sat for about two months, I've just been busy. Well, I start the bike, it's been hard to start since I have started the autotune but that could be because of the previous water issue. I get on the road and do some light pulls and all seems well, get up the road and go WTFO and she's spinning and pulls the front wheel. AFR was around 13.8 after the hard pulls. I stop at the first store and come back out, and bike starts with no issue and sounds fine. I make a stop 3-4 minutes away and park it, leave the engine running for a few seconds, still sounds good. Get out the store and am checking the bike out for a few minutes and it's time to leave. I crank it up and uh oh, not sounding good anymore, AFR is high 14's touching 15. WTH!?!?! I take it easy going home trying to find the right rpm to keep AFR below 15. I repeat the steps I did when I had the issue the first time and take it for a spin. Same thing for a few miles, running rough and then it starts trying to clear up but only for a second or two. Rode a few more miles but never cleared up.

It was my last day home, so I had zero time to troubleshoot the issue. I believe the water in the fuel may have rusted the injectors causing a blockage. The exhaust doesn't look to be spewing fuel out the back and the oil smells like oil, not gassy oil. The bike has about 4900 miles and I try to keep fuel stabilizer in the fuel. I'm assuming the large amount of water in the tank took its toll on the fuel system. I have read a few posts on here and one in particular stood out, TYPICAL GEN 2 INJECTOR SELF DESTRUCTION. I plan to pull the plugs and get a bore scope to check out the cylinder, hoping nothing is damaged in there. No awkward engine noises and given it ran perfect 5 minutes before I'm optimistic there won't be any damage. I am thinking of sending them off to be checked and cleaned but money is kind of tight at the moment. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I finally got around to checking out the bike. I removed the injectors and the screens didn't look dirty at all. I rigged up an injector cleaning setup and did my best to clean them out. I may go ahead and buy the motion pro injector cleaner, still unsure about that. Checked the plugs and they were fouled out, not the worst I've ever seen but bad. After changing the plugs and letting her idle I heard a "hissing sound". After probing around I found a vacuum leak on the nitrous manifold. There was a vacuum leak when I first installed and after reading some posts online I decided to try to seal it with some of The Right Stuff by permatex. Being the impatient person I am I didn't want to wait for rtv to dry and the right stuff I used has a cure time of 5 minutes. I tried to put just enough to the gasket maker wouldn't ooze out and affect the air path but it still pushed some out. Maybe the stuff dried before I could get it seated correctly, I'm not sure it has been awhile since I've installed it. I did try some auto tuning and seemed to get the afr in the specified range. I'm guessing the vacuum leak threw off the auto tune and ended up giving the bike more fuel than it needed and fouled the plugs. I put the factory air box on and got it cranked and took it our for a spin and all seemed well. Before I installed the nitrous manifold and started tuning the bike it would crank fine, now it seems when it is cold the bike will turn over like normal but will not stay running the first few attemps. I flashed the ecu with a factory bin and same thing. I do have the heated oxygen sensor setting checked since I have a wideband piped in and it ran good with that setup. I may go back in and check the wideband sensor option and see what happens.

The wide band sensor does not come into play until the engine is warm. So if your bike will not idle when the engine is cool, the problem is in your fueling, or maybe you have an air leak.

If you still have some nitrous equipment installed, I would look there first. Then I would make sure, all your vacuum lines are connected correctly and you have no open ends.

Good luck

Back