Wifey got a new car

How hard does it launch? Does it have much wheel spin or does it just grab really hard? I know you had to try it out, lol.

that's a sharp car.
smile.gif

How hard does it launch? Does it have much wheel spin or does it just grab really hard? I know you had to try it out, lol.
thats funny you ask. I drove the car last night and when i turned onto the highway, i put it D1 and mashed on the gas, the wheels chirped then the traction control came on.. I later found the button to disable the traction contol, so i have yet to make any real noise with the car.

Its funny how it all came about though.. thursday night we were going out to eat and the wife says.. " i want a new car " something with 4 doors and .......... MORE POWER!!!! ( i've owned 6 mustangs that all had a bit of balls ) i told her she was crazy cuz the accord she was driving was an 04, but the coupe, and a 4 cyclinder. Well i just happened to have the day off on friday and she told me to go to the dealership and see what they could do. I picked her up on her lunch break to go look at some cars ( thinking ya right, we arent getting another car... if anybody needs a new ride its ME, im driving a 2003 dodge ram, and an 02 Busa .. i have the "OLD" vehicles). Well needless to say i spent 4 hours at the dealership, and when she got off work she came and picked up her new car. Then i hopped in my dumpy dodge and drove home.

NOW....... she is saying.. "honey when we sell the house and pay your truck off [ a whopping 20 G's ] you can get you another mustang or whatever you want. So we will see how she reacts when the house is sold and DADDY comes home with a new ride... muuaaaahhhhaaaaaaa!!!!!
cool.gif

we've had 6 brand new vehicles since 2000, why not make it 7 by 2006!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|fstAZfk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131932213 -->

Oh yea.. factory spoiler gets installed probably tomorrow, and then the windows will be tinted next. Wheels will stay on the car for now, Honda actually did a good job on these ( 17's ) and the system.. well, she dont need no stinkin system! But... i do
laugh.gif

body kit, lowered, neon lights, a little carbon fiber here and there, turbo with some boost and a new custom paint job.
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|#cruncherbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131935957 -->

Her Busa's not pink, but the training wheels are.
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

That explains the no lean up in the mountains.
tounge.gif

FINALLY! A member with some sense in him/her!

Congrats on the new Accord...it's a great car for what most people need a car for, getting about town. It has sweet MPG in the I-4 version, and the interior is quiet and pretty dayum luxurious for an econo car. Who the f**k needs a Mercedes, anyway? If it's about showing off, a Mercedes short of the freakin' Maybach is derivative, bling or not.

Your Honda will serve you well until you move on to the next ride. I've got almost 140,000 miles on my '96 Accord with no major problems (none at all, actually) and the original clutch.

Although you could have bought another 'Busa and a Ducati (to show off how BIG and RICH you are to the neighbors)
jump9.gif

No big and rich here... Shoooootttt... the Accord IS LUXURY for me! ahahaa

For real tho, thanks for the props folks. I am happy with the purchase. Like VFR said the I4 we HAD got EXCELLENT gas mileage, the V6 is not as economical unfortunatly. HOWEVER it get WAY better gas mileage than my truck.. 14mpg WHOOHOO! ( 5.9L )

It's a cute little car..

but wouldn't you rather had a V8?

5.3L Small Block V8 Engine

The most standard horsepower and torque in its class.
[/QUOTE]

v8_engine.jpg

303 horsepower.. sport tuned suspension.. 28 mpg... 18 inch wheels...

and cheaper....

rock.gif

I understand buying foriegn cars 20 years ago... but the big 3 at this point have caught up, and in some cases surpassed dependability issues and value.. even with the handicap of much more expensive labor.. you know.. your neighbors.
I also don't understand why people want these over sized economy cars to cram everybody in and use it as a family car.

not bashin'.. it is a cool car...  
just curious as to if you even considered anything else... and why not.. if you didn't.

Back