New Car!

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
My parents...they (like me years ago) always did their best to buy american...well?...their last 2 vehicles have been a '99 Silverado pickup for my dad and a '96 Caprice for my mother...both sevred them well but not without more than their fair share of headaches..i think my mothers caprice has losat every elec. window glass down in the doors..at least twice..and had to have the tracks R&Red...to the point that she hoolar to everybody when getting in the car "Remember! Don't Roll Down My Windows!"...it's also had brake and tranny issues...and finally?..her engines leaking oil out of every seal the car has...and i finally talked my parents into buying their first jap car..and boy did they go off the hook!...not just a camry...but a 268hp V6 XLE!
biggrin.gif

GPCAR1.jpg

with ALL the goodies...leather, 440W JBL sound system with GPS Nav...

GPCAR2.jpg

the works!...and boy am i happy for'em!
biggrin.gif

shoulda seen the looks on my pops when i said...

"Gee dad...i never thought ya'd dream of buying mom a NASCAR!"
laugh.gif

Then he reminded me he had his "Carry Permit" with him when i looked around the car repeating...

"Azzzhole"...."Azzhole"..
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

(BlueHaya @ Mar. 03 2007,05:40) Cool Ride.  On your ride in it did he /she gas it for ya?
No...as a matter of fact?..they knew that that's what i wanted to see when i told'im...

"Just head out to I-95"

Then dad tells me..

"no gett'in on it cause the first 1,000 miles is break-in...i'm not supposed to go over 70mph for the 1st 1K miles"

I told'im fine...but i see wanted to see how it rides on the superslab...so off we went...and the funny part?...

As he was talking to me about the GPSNAV system?...I watched him unknowingly take a 35mph curve at 55 (with almost zero body roll) and then cranked it up to 85 on the accel ramp....again unknowingly...until i brought it to his attention...the car is suspended so well that it rides deceptively fast...and smoooooth.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

those cars last forever!! always great to see happy customers!
beerchug.gif

That's great, I am looking for a new car for my wife. She has a Lincoln LS now, but Lincoln doesn't have a replacement now. The MSX or whatever, is just a small 4 door ford with a V-6  
sad.gif
. Towncar, well we've had two and she wants something smaller and easier to drive around town. Chrysler, well their quality is JUNK ! And the Cads cost more and give less than the Lincolns in both quality and performance. So, I'am
rock.gif
, since in a small Oklahoma City you get to pick American Cars or be willing to drive 50 to 100 miles for service. And she isn't going to do that ! Wish Lincoln still had the LS, ours is the best car we've had in years  
super.gif

Nice ride. My brother and his fiancee just purchased one also. The Camry is a very nice car and Toyota did a fantastic job of re-designing it.

Thanks everyone!
biggrin.gif
and i'm still so happy for them as i know this car will not only be an awesome ride and performer for them but...for the most part by a large margin?...will be comparatively "Trouble Free" for them.

I really got a kick out of it when they inquisitively told me that..they wanted michelin tires but the camry came shod with bridgestones and when they asked about a swapout?...and the salesman told'im the cost would be like $190 per tire?..he also told'em not to worry cause the bridgestones wouldn't be on there that long anyways and they can get michelins the next go round as the bridgestones are only meant to last about 25,000 miles...and then they'll need new rubber.

so in disbelief?...my parents asked me about the validity of his 25,000 mile comment...i told'em..

welcome to the world of "Z-Rated" tires!
laugh.gif

I toldya ya bought mom a NASCAR!
laugh.gif

They'll take 146mph....."sustained"
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

congrats to your folks
beerchug.gif
my parents had always bought "American" but finally broke down about a year and a half ago and bought a Camry also...their last car was a Park Avenue which had problems galore...they are loving their new one and i am sure your parents will also

(DaCol. @ Mar. 03 2007,08:28) That's great, I am looking for a new car for my wife. She has a Lincoln LS now, but Lincoln doesn't have a replacement now. The MSX or whatever, is just a small 4 door ford with a V-6  
sad.gif
. Towncar, well we've had two and she wants something smaller and easier to drive around town. Chrysler, well their quality is JUNK ! And the Cads cost more and give less than the Lincolns in both quality and performance. So, I'am
rock.gif
, since in a small Oklahoma City you get to pick American Cars or be willing to drive 50 to 100 miles for service. And she isn't going to do that ! Wish Lincoln still had the LS, ours is the best car we've had in years  
super.gif
DC...take heart...between the wife and i?...we've had exactly 5 jap vehicles...I started out with a '94 Tacoma longbed pickup...and i had one problem with that truck...the AC started freezing up and blowing fog at 10K miles...but when i pulled in the service area?...all wound up getting ready for the usual boxing match (that i'd most times lose) with the U.S. manufacturers?...i was in for the shock of my life...and pleasantly disappointed...as they said..

"Oh...Mr. Jinks!...i hope your here for an oil change and plaease don't tell me you're having a problem of any sorts already."

I told'em the deal ready for combat and they...

1. Had someone else sit and wait in thew vehicle for me.

2. Took me inside for fresh coffee and doughnuts.

3. Cut me and the wife two extra CC style courtesy valet keys.

4. Sat me on a leather couch to watch the evening news while they replaced the evaporator and dryer and fully detailed my truck inside and out at no cost and then handed me my keys back with their most profuse apologies.

That was the only problem i had with that truck.

Wifey got an '01 Toyota Sienna Minivan...drove it for 4 years putting 72,000 on the odo..1 problem...at about 45,000 the rear hatchback seal sprung a leak...wifey noticed the carpet was wet one day and began to smell moldy inside...they replaced the weather stripping...the carpeting...the nap under the carpeting and one rear seatbelt...no questions...no arguements and?...no charge...and that was the only problem we had with that vehicle.

I then bought a '03 Tundra...47,000 miles and zero problems later?..I traded it in on my '05 Nissan Titan...zero problems with either vehicle...and wifey traded her '01 sienna in on an '05 Honda Oddysey..zero problems...and basically?...we've never had to take our vehicles in for dealer servicing...replace our own fuel/oil filters and change our own oil and wiper blades and we've always been good to go...with no problems.

so?...do your owm maint. and?...chances are you'll never hafta ride 50-100 to see your dealer ever again...except for the day ya buy it and the day ya trade it in on a new one cause lord knows...

Once ya go Jap?...You'll NEVER go back!"
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Back