Wife is looking at a new SUV-

Eat your heart out Bee, it wasn’t an EV

I don't relish or rejoice in the thought of anything catching fire and causing destruction.....I would be more than happy if this wasn't an ongoing reoccurrence with EV.

I don't relish or rejoice in the thought of anything catching fire and causing destruction.....I would be more than happy if this wasn't an ongoing reoccurrence with EV.

Nah, if you've noticed, our markets are flooded with JUNK made during covid, and sadly alot of that persists.
Not just cars, but rather Everything.
Never before have I had such a hard time getting correct, let alone quality Anything.
The dogs got out, let the junk burn.

Nah, if you've noticed, our markets are flooded with JUNK made during covid, and sadly alot of that persists.
Not just cars, but rather Everything.
Never before have I had such a hard time getting correct, let alone quality Anything.
The dogs got out, let the junk burn.
Yes, there certainly was/is a big push on to get product out and clear the backlog so much so that quality assurance is just two words these days.

I just watched a car show where they had a Tesla S in because one of the battery cells was dead which requires them to drop the battery cell and replace the unit.......that is not for the faint of heart, it is a huge operation to do this but it is under warranty.

Yes, there certainly was/is a big push on to get product out and clear the backlog so much so that quality assurance is just two words these days.

I just watched a car show where they had a Tesla S in because one of the battery cells was dead which requires them to drop the battery cell and replace the unit.......that is not for the faint of heart, it is a huge operation to do this but it is under warranty.
The link provided is one of many. A minor piece of road debris took out a coolant line. The BMS does it's job and shuts the car down. TESLA wanted $16K to repair it.

Now aside from the video showing the problem. Find out what happens when Tesla discovers you fixed it without them.

The link provided is one of many. A minor piece of road debris took out a coolant line. The BMS does it's job and shuts the car down. TESLA wanted $16K to repair it.

Now aside from the video showing the problem. Find out what happens when Tesla discovers you fixed it without them.
It takes very little to write them off....I imagine the insurance companies are going to increase their premiums for EV.

It takes very little to write them off....I imagine the insurance companies are going to increase their premiums for EV.
Here's what happens when you don't cough up $16K.

"Tesla's Legal page has an "Unsupported or Salvage Vehicle Policy" which covers salvaged vehicles as a whole, whether or not the reason for being salvaged is related to the high voltage battery pack. Specifically, it states that Tesla will permanently disable access to its Supercharging network for any unsupported repairs to protect its own vehicles and its repair technicians."

Yes more than one; I just retired from 45 years in the automotive business. That's how I was able to advise Bee that the latest Hyundai product is much improved. There's a reason they are stolen so much, they're desireable, but of point, the ones that were being stolen were the turn key ignition vehicles through 2019, not the passive push button start the new ones employ. Kia/Hyundai is still paying for putting out a less than excellent producy a few years back but the current product is admirable. As Bee mentioned his wife is buying new, I advised accordingly.
it’s fair to assume that a new car engine should not have issues when it leaves the dealer but to look at longevity you can look at manufacturers used lineup to check how their engines and chassis hold up. it’s common to find used hyundai/kia with spun bearings, head gasket leaks, worn camshafts, bad turbos, etc. with waves of recalls/ tbs that plague a bunch of their powertrains, it should be a red flag IMO when car shopping. not saying you cant enjoy their cars but they are price point cars that use cheap/low quality parts throughout their cars to keep msrp costs down. even the current 2023s already have safety recalls… but, if someone wants to buy a hyundai, not my money.

IMG_2305.jpeg

IMG_2308.jpeg

IMG_2309.jpeg

IMG_2306.jpeg

Bee,
Happy Veterans Day. We had a Bronco Sport Big Bend my wife primarily used as a daily driver. Great visibility, peppy, and economical. I took it off-road with the stock tires and did better than expected on the 4x4 playground at Hungry Valley OHV area. There were a lot of recalls, but the rig ran 33k without issues. We traded it for a Honda Ridgeline earlier this year which I absolutely love! It matches our Pilot.

My wife says of the Bronco that it reminded her of a bigger version of her old Mini Cooper with how it accelerated and handled on road.

There were many great small features that get overlooked until needed. Bottle opener at the rear hatch, adjustable overhead lights on the rear hatch, rubberized trunk and seat backs (that fold flat).

We just weren’t sure it would go the distance once out of warranty and found a good deal on the Ridgeline. No turbos to worry about for me anymore…

Bee,
Happy Veterans Day. We had a Bronco Sport Big Bend my wife primarily used as a daily driver. Great visibility, peppy, and economical. I took it off-road with the stock tires and did better than expected on the 4x4 playground at Hungry Valley OHV area. There were a lot of recalls, but the rig ran 33k without issues. We traded it for a Honda Ridgeline earlier this year which I absolutely love! It matches our Pilot.

My wife says of the Bronco that it reminded her of a bigger version of her old Mini Cooper with how it accelerated and handled on road.

There were many great small features that get overlooked until needed. Bottle opener at the rear hatch, adjustable overhead lights on the rear hatch, rubberized trunk and seat backs (that fold flat).

We just weren’t sure it would go the distance once out of warranty and found a good deal on the Ridgeline. No turbos to worry about for me anymore…
Thank you, it will be a cold one here tomorrow.....

We looked at the Bronco as well but the wife was drawn to the Edge more....

I know a couple people who have Broncos and they like them, one traded his Jeep Wrangler in on the bigger version and likes it much better...

Thanks, I'll pass that along to her...

There sure are a lot of buttons for her to learn.....I have a feeling I will be watching some tutorial videos on You Tube to set it up for her.

Apparently the manual is available on the center screen console....
If he/she didn’t already ask your salesperson to email you a New Vehicle Orientation Guide. It’s a tutorial specific to your car and vin. Videos and pics.

If he/she didn’t already ask your salesperson to email you a New Vehicle Orientation Guide. It’s a tutorial specific to your car and vin. Videos and pics.
We have one emailed to us and there's one we can access in the infotainment center in the car itself...

There is also a book in the glove box but we forgot to grab that to look over before we get the thing...

My daughter bought her Edge new in 2013. She had a Ford pickup before it. The Edge had 110,000 trouble free miles when she sold it with the only repair being a headlight bulb and a PCV valve I think. She liked it fine but couldn’t find a model with everything she wanted and went with a RAV4. Good luck with yours.

My daughter bought her Edge new in 2013. She had a Ford pickup before it. The Edge had 110,000 trouble free miles when she sold it with the only repair being a headlight bulb and a PCV valve I think. She liked it fine but couldn’t find a model with everything she wanted and went with a RAV4. Good luck with yours.
Thanks, hopefully it's a decent one....

The only thing it doesn't have is the panoramic sunroof....but we won't miss that.

Back