Wife is looking at a new SUV-

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
After own her 2010 Ford Focus since new, my wife is finally looking at a replacement as the rust belt has eaten her car hard even though it was oiled and undercoated since new....

She is a Ford lady but is open to other brands...however so far only Hyundai...

She is looking at a 23/24 Escape (ST Line), Edge (ST line or Titanium) or Bronco Sport

A 23/24 Hyundai Tucson or Santa Fe

No EV or hybrids though as she shares my point of view on these...

Anyone have any experience with any of these?

After own her 2010 Ford Focus since new, my wife is finally looking at a replacement as the rust belt has eaten her car hard even though it was oiled and undercoated since new....

She is a Ford lady but is open to other brands...however so far only Hyundai...

She is looking at a 23/24 Escape (ST Line), Edge (ST line or Titanium) or Bronco Sport

A 23/24 Hyundai Tucson or Santa Fe

No EV or hybrids though as she shares my point of view on these...

Anyone have any experience with any of these?
Hi. Hyundai not to good 2 to 3 yrs OK but no more Honda Toyota very good. My 2006 Honda Civic 521K still very good no problems. My 1977 Touota Pick up 450K ran great up to 45 miles to a gal. It rusted out fixed the frame 5 times. The motor could have gone another 400K.

Hi. Hyundai not to good 2 to 3 yrs OK but no more Honda Toyota very good. My 2006 Honda Civic 521K still very good no problems. My 1977 Touota Pick up 450K ran great up to 45 miles to a gal. It rusted out fixed the frame 5 times. The motor could have gone another 400K.
She doesn't want a Honda or Toyota for some reason..

I know a few people with older Hyundai Elantras that have a few hundred thousand kms on them with no issues and I know someone who had the engine go at 70,000 kms...it's a crap shoot these days...

My daughter, her half sis, her mom and my best friend have various year Rav4s and love them. My daughter finally sold her 2013 Ford Edge and bought this. Loves it.

IMG_8462.jpeg

My daughter, her half sis, her mom and my best friend have various year Rav4s and love them. My daughter finally sold her 2013 Ford Edge and bought this. Loves it.

View attachment 1672495
Our local Toyota dealership is a vacant lot, they said a RAV4 could be a 12 month wait....

My brother who leases a 4Runner can't get a replacement, Toyota has waived all the restrictions of his lease as a result of him not being able to get one.

From my recent experience, the Hyundai is a very good pick. I disagree with Michael, earlier years not as good but the present product is excellent.
She likes the Tucson,

Our older boy bought a Santa Fe hybrid last week and she likes those as well as they are the same size as the Edge.

We looked at the Santa Cruz but there is no rear leg room so that's out....

Then there's the next problem, there seems to be very few Tucsons around anywhere....we've seen one so far and it was over $40k

She's had 4 Ford Focuses in a row and it's hard to sway her from Ford.....even though I left them and went to a Ram after 4 F-150s....

Our local Toyota dealership is a vacant lot, they said a RAV4 could be a 12 month wait....

My brother who leases a 4Runner can't get a replacement, Toyota has waived all the restrictions of his lease as a result of him not being able to get one.

She waited a few months for hers too but parts and dealers are everywhere down here.

hyundai/kia cheap out on their cars. they have many features more expensive cars do but the components that make up some of their parts are cheap. too many class action lawsuits for bad engines. they are budget cars with a copy cat look of higher end car. i personally stay away from all of their cars.

hyundai/kia cheap out on their cars. they have many features more expensive cars do but the components that make up some of their parts are cheap. too many class action lawsuits for bad engines. they are budget cars with a copy cat look of higher end car.
What do you base this on? JD Power has them way up on the ladder. That’s a nation wide consensus.

What do you base this on? JD Power has them way up on the ladder. That’s a nation wide consensus.
I've read all good reviews for the Hyundai models she's looking at (Tucson and Santa Fe) and they have the best warranty of all the ones we've looked at so far.

Hard to break her of her Ford habit though...

If it were me, from your list I’d go either the full size bronco. Personal preference as I don’t like the sport ones. We have a 23 Blazer and if I had to do it again, would have chose all wheel drive, I know it’s not in your list of options.

Back