Why The Big Announcements?

Gotta ask Mr. Brown, WHY THE HELL WORRY ABOUT IT? WHY Waste the time to post about it??? If you don't feel like saying "Later" to someone who's leaving then DON'T, ignore it, just move along...

But creating a thread about it, makes no sense.

"If you're leaving, just go........" Who are you to tell folks how or when they can post? Seriously. This isn't YOUR BOARD!

Not trying to stir the pot but I find this offensive when you've not even been here a year and your going to tell fellow board members how they can and cannot say they are taking a break?

A lot of folks post up that they aren't going to be around so those of us who consider them friends do not worry when suddenly they stop posting. Ya know?

So I'd say they post because they care... Because they don't want people to worry... In the past when folks who post often suddenly stopped it has been becuase of an accident or other problems... They know this and are trying to avoid the endless stream of emails, and pm's wondering what happened...

Here we go again...

I think this is called post summer boredom/the weather sucks I can't ride/its too cold to ride/etc....

poke.gif
poke.gif
poke.gif
poke.gif
poke.gif
poke.gif
poke.gif
poke.gif
poke.gif
poke.gif

poke.gif

poke.gif

poke.gif

poke.gif

poke.gif

poke.gif

poke.gif

poke.gif

poke.gif

WHY THE HELL WORRY ABOUT IT? WHY Waste the time to post about it??? If you don't feel like saying "Later" to someone who's leaving then DON'T, ignore it, just move along...
[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry if you think that I'm worried about it, I'm not, merely curious as to why people do it, hence the question.
Who are you to tell folks how or when they can post? [/QUOTE]
Of all the things that people "Tell" other people on this board you pick this? WTF?
Seriously. This isn't YOUR BOARD! [/QUOTE]
Really? Then whose is it? Yours? This board is everyones. I can think of at least one occaision when the Cap has informed us that it is our board.....

Not trying to stir the pot [/QUOTE]
Yeah, right.....
I find this offensive when you've not even been here a year and your going to tell fellow board members how they can and cannot say they are taking a break?
[/QUOTE]
Oh, I see, now it's how long someone's been a board member that determines their right to ask questions? That's as dumb as equating post count with knowledge.
A lot of folks post up that they aren't going to be around so those of us who consider them friends do not worry when suddenly they stop posting. Ya know?

So I'd say they post because they care... Because they don't want people to worry... In the past when folks who post often suddenly stopped it has been becuase of an accident or other problems... They know this and are trying to avoid the endless stream of emails, and pm's wondering what happened...[/QUOTE]
The kinds of posts in which people say they are signing off are completely different than the ones I'm speaking of, and you know it. I'm talking about the "I'm taking my ball and going home" type of posts.

There is some irony here when the only person to express their difference of opinion to the sentiment I expressed in such an angry, vehement manner is a moderator on the board. Everyone else seems to be able to agree to disagree.

Physician, heal thyself......

Maybe I am taking it more personally than I should? Maybe I find it personally offensive when a long time member (Pacman) announces he's leaving and then I read your thread. Maybe the tone of your post has nothing to do with just being curious, not just asking the question.

My point is your "If you are leaving just go" sounds like your trying to speak for the board. I am NOT saying post count equates to usefulness, not at all. But I am saying that time spent on the board helping folks out and being an all around entertaining good guy does count for something and it's sh!tty when good folks are leaving and have to read a thread titled "Why The Big Announcements?, If you're leaving, just go........" sounds like playground rock throwing to me, A pretend, high-brow sociological observation. Not an honest question... more of a slap on the way out.

"The kinds of posts in which people say they are signing off are completely different than the ones I'm speaking of, and you know it. I'm talking about the "I'm taking my ball and going home" type of posts." [/QUOTE]

No I didn't know it, it's sure as hell not mentioned in your thread Title, nor in your post.

And yeah we can agree to disagree, that what we are doing here right? I am not angry, I am not overly concerned, hell it is the Internet... Pretty sure I am simply disagreeing, maybe loudly, but it has NOTHING TO DO WITH ME BEING A MODERATOR. Don't know why it would.

What would my being a moderator have to do with anything anyway? I am not editing anything, my words do not count more than yours here. I don't get it... Makes NO sense. Am I not allowed to simply sound off about something that sounds sh!tty to me because I am a moderator? Call me a Fughead, I don't care, I am still just a damn board member, maybe a little tiny weeny bit aggressive, and a tad bit harsh... But Just a board member, I claim NO special protection from a deserved ass chewing.

Anyway, I think your thread sounds like a kick in the butt to Pacman, and it sucks. That's how it reads to me, and I doubt I am the only one.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133566981 -->

Rev, check the time stamp on my thread, and on Pacs, then re-read the first line of my post. I said, and meant, that it was not directed toward anyone in particular. I find it amusing that some people say they are leaving as a means to draw attention to what they don't like on the board. I thought it would generate some different points of view than my own. I didn't bash anyone else's point of view, hell I didn't even reply in thread I started, just read what others thought. Why is it that aggression and harshness are acceptable character traits from you, but not from others?

Hell I came and left 3 times and no one noticed. Tis a good question. Why announce it?

lurk.gif
eyes.gif
drink.gif

I can't do it...............I'm back!!   I missed ya'all
thumbs-up.gif
...and you was only gone two minutes!!  
laugh.gif

I prefer to do just the opposite.. I like to stick around here and piss everyone
off with my none contributing, sarcastic, smartazz posts~ It's just who I am...
besides it's much more fun that way!
brave.gif

devil.gif

I don't think I ever said no one else is allowed to be harsh or aggressive. Pretty sure there is too much tiptoe action going on as there is. But if I think a buddy is being treated unfairly, or a boardmember is being harrassed unfairly then I'll prolly speak up. I try to look out for the board and my buddies. Partly because it's what I am supposed to do, and partly because I look out for my friends.

Sorry I thought you were targeting Pacman. That's how it read to me...

I, myself think its very noble for someone to let everyone know that they won't be around as much or at all anymore. For example, when Shenopy(sp) was missing for a while....everyone was worried. We all thought he may have been hurt or something.
I have made at least 5 friends which I consider life-long friends here. I owe it to them to let them know if I decide to stop posting here..... If I just stopped posting they would think something bad has happened to me.

Mr. Brown, If you just stopped posting, for your own reasons and didn't tell anyone, there are at least 40-50 members who would really be worried for you. Me included. It's my stupid naive perception that we are all friends in a distant kinda way, but friends nevertheless.

I think most people do it just to see if anyone actually likes them and going to try to stop them. You know, "will anyone miss me when I am gone" type deal. Others feel they have been done wrong and just want to let everyone know why they are leaving. As long as it isn't disrespectful they should be able to post whatever they want. I know I haven't been here that long either but that is just my .02

Why the big announcements well it could be that after someone has drank about a 5th of jack daniels and they are sitting alone in the dark with a 45 pressed to their head and all the sudden it hits them that if they do it who is gonna help their momma when she gets drunk and falls between the tub and the toilet who is gonna pay child support for their kid that they might have overheard them say in the background "I dont want to see him on thanksgiveing or christmas either" , when they call to see if they can see their kid for a day. so when they are sitting there looking at a pile of bills they may never be able to pay off and there wife tells them that they are stupid to love a motorcycle and that they should sell it to pay bills maybe that person puts the gun down and writes a Big Announcement . hell what do i know its just a thought.

Why the big announcements well it could be that after someone has drank about a 5th of jack daniels and they are sitting alone in the dark with a 45 pressed to their head and all the sudden it hits them that if they do it who is gonna help their momma when she gets drunk and falls between the tub and the toilet who is gonna pay child support for their kid that they might have overheard them say in the background "I dont want to see him on thanksgiveing or christmas either" , when they call to see if they can see their kid for a day. so when they are sitting there looking at a pile of bills they may never be able to pay off and there wife tells them that they are stupid to love a motorcycle and that they should sell it to pay bills maybe that person puts the gun down and writes a Big Announcement . hell what do i know its just a thought.
Holy SH!t man... You need a Hug?

Why the big announcements well it could be that after someone has drank about a 5th of jack daniels and they are sitting alone in the dark with a 45 pressed to their head and all the sudden it hits them that if they do it             who is gonna help their momma when she gets drunk and falls between the tub and the toilet who is gonna pay child support for their kid that they might have overheard them say in the background "I dont want to see him on thanksgiveing  or christmas either" , when they call to see if they can see their kid  for a day. so when they are sitting there looking at a pile of bills they may never be able to pay off and there wife tells them that they are stupid to love a motorcycle and that they should sell it to pay bills maybe that person puts the gun down and writes a Big Announcement . hell what do i know its just a thought.
And that is what the people on here are for to let people vent and get everything off there chest and give them that little bit of encouragement that can help more than some people will ever know.

Why the big announcements well it could be that after someone has drank about a 5th of jack daniels and they are sitting alone in the dark with a 45 pressed to their head and all the sudden it hits them that if they do it             who is gonna help their momma when she gets drunk and falls between the tub and the toilet who is gonna pay child support for their kid that they might have overheard them say in the background "I dont want to see him on thanksgiveing  or christmas either" , when they call to see if they can see their kid  for a day. so when they are sitting there looking at a pile of bills they may never be able to pay off and there wife tells them that they are stupid to love a motorcycle and that they should sell it to pay bills maybe that person puts the gun down and writes a Big Announcement . hell what do i know its just a thought.
And that is what the people on here are for to let people vent and get everything off there chest and give them that little bit of encouragement that can help more than some people will ever know.
Yep! OOrah!

Back