Why can't you learn on a Busa?

Let's see. I've never flown a plane, but I know how to work those throttle thingees. I think I'll start training on a 747.

Seriously, too heavy, and too much power. "You'll shoot your eye out."

Can a person learn on a Busa YES would I suggest it No #1 safety #2 expense #3 Busa is a long term Bike not a beat the hell out of it while learning bike, my god be sensible get a ninja for that(that'll get brakelate and phantom going haha) You are gonna do what you want, all I can say for safety get your riding gear and protection and do MSF beginners and MSF advanced courses if you go straight to the Busa or any of the bad boys 12r 10r 1k05 and r-1 hell for that matter all the sport bikes 600,750s are all fast as hell. I highly advise both anyways! You'll learn alot. Experience has to start somewhere, expense wise start on something cheaper, Health wise you can get hurt on any bike! good luck and be safe

Read the above thread, then start out on a 600 or SV 650.

Then read many of the threads regarding crashes by new owners on new Busas.

You will have allot more fun starting out smaller.
I say start on something smaller than a current Supersport 600 even... The 636 has more than enough power to spin the rear up in a corner and spit you off on your head. Definitely not a busa or litre, but definitely not a beginner bike either.
wink.gif

Fwiw, I think one good scare or a crash on a bike that is too powerful could set you back tremendously in your progression as a rider. As hard as it would be to ride a slower beginner bike and not be "cool", if I were starting over right now learning to ride, but knew what I know now about bikes I'd most certainly be looking at Suzuki GS500's.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Back