Who's interested in an Autocom Group buy

Thanks, Omar. How about talking to people who use other brands like Chatterbox and Cardo?

All depends on the two-way radio you get. The Autocom system is very versatile. You choose the two-way radio you want to use.

Most Chatterbox models support the FRS bands and some also support GMRS. (GMRS will also do FRS). I have a Motorola GMRS radio that I use with my Autocom. The PTT button is mounted on my left grip and I can talk to anyone on the FRS/GMRS bands.

You can see some pics here: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...s/94189-pics-some-recent-upgrades-violet.html

All depends on the two-way radio you get. The Autocom system is very versatile. You choose the two-way radio you want to use.

Most Chatterbox models support the FRS bands and some also support GMRS. (GMRS will also do FRS). I have a Motorola GMRS radio that I use with my Autocom. The PTT button is mounted on my left grip and I can talk to anyone on the FRS/GMRS bands.

You can see some pics here: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...s/94189-pics-some-recent-upgrades-violet.html

Good deal, thanks again...

Cap,
I will be interested in one.... My easi-plus duo just went out on me and I am already looking to replace the unit---

On the Autocomm USA website they are selling the EASI-PLUS unit (which is set up for one person) you have to buy an additional headset for the second passenger (which is not very much)--- but its regular price was around $300 and they have it on sale on their website right now for $ 139.00 ---
Just to let you know the price so maybe we could get a BETTER price than that--- this EASI-PLUS unit will do pretty much everything also...2 way intercomm, bike-to-bike, Bluetooth, mp3, radar, gps, etc...

Just let me know details too... THANKS CAP

Cap,
I will be interested in one.... My easi-plus duo just went out on me and I am already looking to replace the unit---

On the Autocomm USA website they are selling the EASI-PLUS unit (which is set up for one person) you have to buy an additional headset for the second passenger (which is not very much)--- but its regular price was around $300 and they have it on sale on their website right now for $ 139.00 ---
Just to let you know the price so maybe we could get a BETTER price than that--- this EASI-PLUS unit will do pretty much everything also...2 way intercomm, bike-to-bike, Bluetooth, mp3, radar, gps, etc...

Just let me know details too... THANKS CAP

I think it's the Active-Plus that's $139 now...

Doug - you looking at one particular model? Active-Plus? Super Pro AVi?

Also, I'd be interested in a couple accessories...

Omar all of the old models are basically discontinued. The new names are Super Pro and super pro automatic. The topgearaccess site I was told hasnt bought anything new and they are not a distributor anymore and that is why they have stock of very few things.

I think we can get just about anything that we want in this deal but there is definately some leverage in bulk buys.. I already have the full monty but I was working on this deal for Semi and then thought that maybe there were others out there looking to get set up. It might be one of those things where individuals can call in and get a discount if they mention the org type of deals instead of a group buy....

The models that are coming out have bluetooth installed in the base unit and according to the distributor if you hardwire the Zumo to the system there is no need for the bluetooth module anymore either...

I am trying to get some interest levels from the members so I can go back to them and start for round 2....

Guys I have to tell ya, I've tried the Scala Q2, the Chatterbox and other home made solutions.. No other system allowed me to have the flexability that the autocomm has.. Cell phone, GPS, Bike to Bike, XM Radio, any other audio that you want to connect... all working together and controlled through your GPS is you have a Zumo.....

It cost more but in the end is well worth it.. One of the best mods I have done... .

CAp

I have an older AutoComm system and YES OMAR AND CAPTAIN ARE DEAD ON THE BEST I HAVE USED FOR BIKE COMMUNICATIONS ETC> I am interested...

I have an older model and used it for a few years. Not in use now... but still in good order. I too have done the chatter box route at first, but was blown away by the auto comm!

Cell phone, GPS, Bike to Bike, XM Radio, any other audio that you want to connect... all working together and controlled through your GPS is you have a Zumo.....

CAp

So do you have to have a GPS to use this system?

So do you have to have a GPS to use this system?

No - you do not have to use a GPS with it. You can use if for just rider/passenger communication if that's all you want. You can add as little or as much as you wish.

Many of us (Cap and I, for example) have our Zumo hooked up to it. The nice thing about routing everything through the Zumo is convenience. When I get a phone call, I see it on the display of the Zumo...and can answer the call from there. If I'm out riding and need to make a call - I can do it from the Zumo. The Zumo is also my MP3 player and my XM Radio. Everything is controlled from the Zumo display.

Now, that said - you can easily attach just about any mobile phone to the Autocom - you don't need the Zumo. You just order the appropriate cable (if you want to hardwire) or Bluetooth connect it to the Autocom. There are inputs for MP3 players/iPods - just plug in via a 1/8" stereo jack.

The system is very versatile...but I won't lie - running everything through the Zumo is really great :thumbsup:

Here's the big question for me. Can you go wireless (bluetooth) to the helmet. I'd prefer no cables (tangles and pulls) form the bike to the Helmet. :rulez:

Back