Tobin Group Buy

I recall reading that the seats are a sideline business for Tobin & his wife, both having other full time jobs/careers, this would explain the delay in customer response & turnaround time.  Being a self-employed one man operation I can surely relate to this, do you spend 4-8 hours a day talking to customers, returning phone calls & e-mails or do you spend it on production finishing orders that have already been placed, that's a no-brainer there folks.

Several months ago I attempted to contact them to get material/thread/color samples in order to make a final decision and it did take several e-mails and a couple weeks but Tobin's wife did finally contact me and sent out the samples.  I never did get around to placing my order but am ready to do so now and would definetly be interested in a group buy.  I would suggest that someone continue attempting to contact them to insure that their seat business is still in operation.  Has anyone else recently had a seat done by them?
Absolutely correct.  It is one of those sideline businesses that could be a full-time one on its own.  Hang in there if you haven't heard back from him.
Yup and I also believe that recently he attempted to train someone to do the work in his absence, this might have possibly blown up in his face and actually put him further behind in his workload (sometimes things like artistic ability or true craftsmanship cannot just be tought).  Hell I know if I send my seat in I want it done by Tobin himself ONLY and not some flunky kid who dosen't really give a damn about quality level of the final product.
tounge.gif

I dont know if he actually does group buys but it seems as though there are quite a few interested, whoever gets a response post up the info for the rest of us.

Ok guys, talked with Tobin Seats this evening. They are in on a discount. We can have either 10% off or a free large logo or 2 small logos. I think we can mix and match, so each individual will have to specify which discount they want. If you want a custom logo there is a digitize fee which will depend on detail and size of logo. If 5 or more seats are shipped to a specific destination, there would be an additional discount on shipping. So Let's get serious on it now. Pm me if you are in and I will get the rest of the details worked out. Oh, and if anyone is having trouble getting ahold of them on issues, call in evening. I just talked to him at 8pm central time.

To check out what Tobin has to offer, here is Link

Current price for front seat $125. Our discount is 10% so new price is: $112.50

If you chose the two small logos for free it is $125 which is $25 dollars off reg. price.

This is either or on discount or logo, not both.

If custom design logo is placed on seat, still free but will have to charge the digitizing fee which will vary depending on quality and size of logo (will have to send a logo and then get price)

Discount on shipping also if we ship 5 or more to one location, probably not an option, but throwing it out there.

I'm interested but need a front seat. My bike came with a gel one. If anyone has one for cheap please let me know.

i'de be interested but i would might need a lil time to get it together any word on when he's gonna end it or how to go about getting the discount on the group buy?

Back