Who uses a straight razor to shave?

Well decided to take the plunge and go with a basic setup from The Art of Shaving store at a local mall while I was in Miami.

In short it kicks ass like I wouldn't have believed. They gave me lots of advise on how to get started and while there's a technique to work on I didn't feel a thing. Literally felt like I was just scraping the lather off my face instead feeling the hair getting cut. Before no matter what I used in the way of safety razors or lathers/lubes it felt like the hair was getting pulled out instead of cut. Amazing difference between the two.

Different strokes for different folks. I gotta say three shaves later I'm more than impressed.

Sissies!!
A real Busa rider hammers the wickers back in with a No. 9 sledge and bites them off from the inside!!
That's how I roll!

I have been shaving my head for over 22 years. I have used straight blades, disposals, mach 3, and the fusion 5. the best and closest shave is from the mach 3 with no comparison. I enjoy the occasional straight blade with the leather, but 5 kids and a wife is a dangerous hobby with one of them around. I keep it in my private gun safe. I am the only one with the combo.

Is it closer than a safety razor, or is it just kewl?

Been thinking of going that route (I shave my head as well as my face), because it seems as though it's closer/smoother.

And now…discuss…
had the same curiosity last year ( head and face shave as well) went to the Grooming lounge in downtown DC on a fathers day GC. chose the massage and head shave thinking I would get a straight razor shave and the guy pulls out a gillette or somethin lol. ive been usin the fusion 5's now. I use two at the same time and shave my whole head in 1 minute lol. thought about you tubing it with light saber sound effects lol.

i used my benchmade to get a spot id missed once cuz id already left the house when it was pointed out to me. so I guess wiith practice the straight razor wouldnt be too difficult and give a good shave

To buy a NEW one you have to have a license or know someone that does.

There is a reason they don't sell them where anyone can buy one. :laugh:

Went to a barber and got a straight razor shave head and face today. Gotta say not what I thought, but I'm going to do it.
Likely going to visit The Art of Shaving store in Troy. Stay tuned.

jt

Back