Who Thinks Obama Got His Ass Handed to Him???

To be honest, what they say in a debate isn't what i like to watch. It's their demeanor, their tone, their ability to truly believe in what they say by eye contact and pitch. On all these points, one is the clear winner. You can make a claim that the current Prez has reasons to not be prepared, but the reality is, on last night's debate, he was beaten.

I do agree, the points made, and the generalizations can be somewhat painted over and non-specific. I don't disagree with it being that way though. The debates are not a time to pull out a calculator and your 1,000,000,000 page tax plan. It's a time to show the nation and really the world who you are as a person....or who you want the world to see you as anyways. To that end, Obama looked genuinely disinterested, tired, and at times visibly mad that someone had the audacity to question him. It was interesting to watch! Notice when the debate ended how fast one of the two got the hell out of there and the other wanted to hang around on the stage? Everything is for a reason...and that by itself tells you plenty. I will bet you $$$ that next debate, neither will be exiting the stage until AFTER the camera's are turned off.

Pulling what out? Pulling the wool over the eyes of the American people? Mittens is Obama. Obama is Mittens.

Obamacare is Romneycare, etc. etc. etc. etc.........

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Did it look like this? :laugh:

debate.jpg

Well if you base it off facts (which you shouldn't ever expect out of politicians) it appears Obama may have won.

I don't like either of the puppets, but hey, these are our choices, right? :banghead:

The Obama-Romney debate fact-check: Who told the biggest whoppers? - The Week

That's stupid. I can't believe people get paid to write that?
Like a Florida weather man, as vague and CYA as possible. Partly sunny with a chance of rain says nothing 50/50. Same as 'half true' 'partly true' 'mostly false' what kinda half azzed answers are those?

But then again we are dealing with politicians trained to speak carefully and vaguely making no sense or being firm in the answers.

Sorry, didn't read any post in the thread.

Last night after actually watching a presidential debate I turned the TV off. Really don't care what the media and lacky's think. Romney handed President Obama his arse, plain and simple. Obama is gonna have to do more than socialize with the audience and congratulate his wife on their anniversary and repeat hundreds of times that Romney's tax plan will add 7 trillion dollars to our national debt if he plans on winning or doing well with one of these debates.

It's only by accident that I even watched last night. Had not even heard about the debates. Now I'm thinking about watching the next one, just to see what President Obama's handlers will have him doing. I really don't see him continuing with the " Your tax cuts increase the debt by 5 Trillion Dollars ... " theme.

I am ashamed to call Al Gore a Tennessean - he is TOTALLY WHACKED even though he invented the Internet!!!

I am so tired of hearing all the BS from all of them. The President's position doesn't have enough "power" anymore. (probably a good thing at times). But all you hear is "I'll do this and I'll do that if I'm President!" They never do JACK!!! I think it's time to elect a King to run the country!! Anyone remember Tim Wilson's King of England bit?? :laugh: Google it for a laugh!!

Mitt sure as heck out performed Obama. But again a lot of what he said was not true or half truths. Just talking loud and saying nothing. He was acting like a bully. Obama was acting like he was a child being scolded. He should of spoke up. He looked preoccupied. Maybe there is something drastic happening in the world that we are soon going to hear about that he already knows. Come on Obama get some cojones and lets get this done.

I think these debates are becomming overrated and people are voting on these and these alone which tells you nothing cause they both are simply gonna tell the American public what they want to hear.

the debates are supposed to be job interviews. I think there should 2-3 debates at most and I want to hear real plans to address real issues not comercial ads....:whistle:

I think these debates are becomming overrated and people are voting on these and these alone which tells you nothing cause they both are simply gonna tell the American public what they want to hear.

the debates are supposed to be job interviews. I think there should 2-3 debates at most and I want to hear real plans to address real issues not comercial ads....:whistle:

Well said!

I'll counter one thing. The debates, whatever they're supposed to be, are nothing more than posing time for a popularity contest while promising everything to everyone while claiming that the other guy is lying or incompetent. Whoever is prettier and more elequent wins the debates. Facts and plans of action have nothing to do with the debates. As they say, "Presentation is Everything!" Of course, as in cooking, presentation makes the sale but it isn't until you sit down to the table that you have any idea if you like what you've bought. The difference with politics is that no matter how bad the meal, we virtually NEVER send it back!

I think Romney won and we all got to see Obama's arrogance affronted.

I fail to see how Obama was not prepared since he has been in the heat of the current issues battle for almost 4 years now. Or perhaps he has not been in the heat of battle at all since he skips most intel briefings, jobs council meetings, and could care less about meeting with world leaders.......

I respect the Office of the President, just not the person currently filling it. I think Obama has had his fair chance at solvingour Nation's problems. His methods have not worked and now it is time for fresh methods and a new person......

My fear is that there is a vast number of people who vote on a singular issue not the big picture. There are so many folks that have not lived abroad and are nieve in regards to the real and present dangers in the world or even the dangers within our financial system here at home.....

Just some thoughts, thanks you for your time and attention! :whistle:

Mitt sure as heck out performed Obama. But again a lot of what he said was not true or half truths. Just talking loud and saying nothing. He was acting like a bully. Obama was acting like he was a child being scolded. He should of spoke up. He looked preoccupied. Maybe there is something drastic happening in the world that we are soon going to hear about that he already knows. Come on Obama get some cojones and lets get this done.

I'll bet you're right. He is finally going to tell us that the Lybia incident was a preplanned terrorist attack. Something everyone but he an his staff seemed to know for days before they did.

Back