Who makes aluminum rods~?~

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
Yeppas, did a search but hard to weed out who is talking about aluminum and who is talking about other materials...

I know some concerns might be there about reliability also, but...with the help of one of the fast guys in town hopefully this won't be a problem, but for the sake of conversation let's assume this motor is going to be run one time then we'll see after that.

We need to find a manufacturer or sponsor that deals in aluminum rods for the '08, does anyone know right off~?~

I'm asking for another member so I don't have all the answers, but if some can be located it would be a great help in the research that's needed~!~

I looked a month or so ago for aluminum rods for a ZX12, couldn't find any off the shelf anywhere. Best source I could find was having a set one offed....

was just chatting about this recently. Seems the packaging is the tough part. Not much room for a thick aluminum alloy connecting rod inside the case. If it were skinny enough to fit it wouldn't be nearly as strong.

was just chatting about this recently. Seems the packaging is the tough part. Not much room for a thick aluminum alloy connecting rod inside the case. If it were skinny enough to fit it wouldn't be nearly as strong.

I bet that would be an issue...

Rather spendy no? Found them as an alternative for the 12 project but the cost vs. benefit wasn't there for us. What's you opinion?

I believe we are thinking along those same lines...titanium is a bit out of the budget he is trying to stay in...

aluminum rods stretch. that's just how they are, and with the narrow crank and extremely high piston speeds, the stress on al rods would be unbelievable. go with Ti, it's a bit more expensive, but you'll have the peace of mind knowing that your compression isn't growing a hair with every rev :rofl:

Did you consider Titanium?

thoughs are like 4 grand for a set from Arrow and little less from Crowder. The need for aluminum is because of the use of nitromethane. Need help in finding some.

Last edited:
I will see what the people I use have. Have yet to personally use or see an aluminum rod myself so I will have to defer to someone who has. Will report back if I find something.

BME do ally rods, not sure if they do any for the Busa though..
Think it stands for Bill Miller Engineering.

Back