Titanium Knee Slider ????????

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Anybody know a source for FULL Titanium knee sliders. Not talking about the cheap stuff with the rods imbedded. I'm looking for the full titanium ones that look like they are made from aluminum?

I have a set but they are just about done and I'd like a new set for summer!

A big THANKS to anyone who can give me guidence!

Well where did ya get the last pair ???

It's a b!tch to get old ain't it :poke: :rofl:

That is the only place I have seen them in the US. I have seen then on European sites, but still at least $100.

GROUP BUY :beerchug:

I have the sliders w/ the rods & they don't do anything except fall out. I bought 2 sets off e-bay for $15 & showed them where the rods fell out & they sent me 2 more sets free. They are cheap, but good for the street, they don't last on the track.

JAMES0.jpg

+1

They look sweet, but that is expensive for sliders imo.

What makes them so much better then regular sliders other then just being titanium, what are the benifets?

They throw off sparks and they last longer :whistle:

Sparks.......Geeze, Had I only known. I wanted sparks on my last trackday....the only thing I could think of was to drag my stator cover.

This is a much better idea.:laugh:

QUASIMOTO TITANIUM KNEE SLIDERS

These look nice, but ouch on the price.

Yep, I see these on Ebay for $150 also.

I purchased the ones I have from my local cycle gear store for $35 two years ago. The manager at that store has since moved on and I nor the current staff knows where he got them. they had no insignias stamped into the puck and I don't even know the brand name.

I simply refuse to pay $150 for a set. They are just a thin shell of titanium covering a plastic puck.

I too have the two set deal from ebay and they are pretty much wortless. I lost two rods as soon as I started using them. Don't throw sparks worth a sheetz. I'm sure someone has titanium sliders at a reasonable price?

Yep, I see these on Ebay for $150 also.

I purchased the ones I have from my local cycle gear store for $35 two years ago. The manager at that store has since moved on and I nor the current staff knows where he got them. they had no insignias stamped into the puck and I don't even know the brand name.

I simply refuse to pay $150 for a set. They are just a thin shell of titanium covering a plastic puck.

I too have the two set deal from ebay and they are pretty much wortless. I lost two rods as soon as I started using them. Don't throw sparks worth a sheetz. I'm sure someone has titanium sliders at a reasonable price?

STFU...you got teh money Steven! jus dish it out will ya?:whistle:

I went through about 75% of a set of sparkys i bought last year when I went down to the gap for 3 days. Those were about $50 a set. What is the benefit of the titanium? Seems like I go through a set about every 2 trips to the gap so $150 wouldnt work...???

Tuf,

I got your PM, thought I would answer here, seems there are a few interested.

Cycle Gear carried the Motrax Full titaniums for some time. Motrax is no longer making those. Those are more than likely the ones you have. I have searched high and low for a replacement with no luck other than the ones with rods. And as most have mentioned....no where near the sparks.

If I am not mistaken, the ones linked above are a full titanium, not titanium around plastic like the Motrax's are.

I am tempted to get a set to see how long they last. Being a full titanium, they should last several seasons......

Thanks Kevin!

I found titanium sliders on ebay that look like the ones linked above. Ebay seller was $150 also. I ask the seller if they were solid and he said no, just a shell over plastic like the ones I have from cycle gear. It they are indeed solid titanium, I'd pay $150 but not to interested if they are the shell ones like I have.

Tufbusa,

I contacted the manufacturer on the Quasimoto knee sliders. This was the response:

"Hi Thanks for the question, the sliders are Titanium over plastic as the weight becomes an issue as well as the costs.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Bret"

So they are metal over plastics. If you hadn't found out yet.

Thanks Kevin!

I found titanium sliders on ebay that look like the ones linked above. Ebay seller was $150 also. I ask the seller if they were solid and he said no, just a shell over plastic like the ones I have from cycle gear. It they are indeed solid titanium, I'd pay $150 but not to interested if they are the shell ones like I have.

Tufbusa,

I contacted the manufacturer on the Quasimoto knee sliders. This was the response:

"Hi Thanks for the question, the sliders are Titanium over plastic as the weight becomes an issue as well as the costs.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Bret"

So they are metal over plastics. If you hadn't found out yet.

Thanks for the info, it seems I had the incorrect data on those.

$150 for just the coated ones is steep........

Thanks for the info, it seems I had the incorrect data on those.

$150 for just the coated ones is steep........
I was hoping for solids at that price. Alas it's not. I would hope they are at least thicker over the plastic than others at that price.

Back