Who Have You Guys Used Lately To Ship Your Bikes?

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
Curious who you all have used and what your thoughts of the shipper were on the entire process?

Were you happy? Any damage?

Thanks....GB!

for what its worth (peace of mind) i was planing on shipping from ca to fl, after a few quoutes just bought my own little used trailer 5x8 enclosed, build it and added the pitbull trailer stand and more than happy to my the busa around without anyone messing up what we all work hard to make it our own

I've had good luck with uShip. You make a "bid" with the relevant details... item being shipped, origin and destination, timeframe... and transport companies try to underbid each other for your business. Shipped a 929 from Kentucky to Colorado for around $350 with a 2 or 3 day transit time that way.

for what its worth (peace of mind) i was planing on shipping from ca to fl, after a few quoutes just bought my own little used trailer 5x8 enclosed, build it and added the pitbull trailer stand and more than happy to my the busa around without anyone messing up what we all work hard to make it our own

I normally would but I don't have time to drive it across country all the time. Looking at shipping for races and or travel options.

I've had good luck with uShip. You make a "bid" with the relevant details... item being shipped, origin and destination, timeframe... and transport companies try to underbid each other for your business. Shipped a 929 from Kentucky to Colorado for around $350 with a 2 or 3 day transit time that way.

I created an account with them just curious how reliable and trust worthy the shippers are?

Did you sell her Josh ?

No....no...no...at least not for a little while longer.. ;)

I created an account with them just curious how reliable and trust worthy the shippers are?

Treat it like eBay. I'm sure there are some bad apples on there, but if you check their feedback before accepting a bid you shouldn't have much of an issue. Plus, you don't give the funds directly to the shippers... once you accept a bid, you put the funds into uShip, who then gives the shipper notification that the money exists and gives you a randomized code which you only release to the shipper once the item has been delivered and you are satisfied that it wasn't damaged or anything. Detailed pictures are taken before shipping to prove condition in case any damage occurs in transit.
I was happy enough with my experience that I'd use it again.

Treat it like eBay. I'm sure there are some bad apples on there, but if you check their feedback before accepting a bid you shouldn't have much of an issue. Plus, you don't give the funds directly to the shippers... once you accept a bid, you put the funds into uShip, who then gives the shipper notification that the money exists and gives you a randomized code which you only release to the shipper once the item has been delivered and you are satisfied that it wasn't damaged or anything. Detailed pictures are taken before shipping to prove condition in case any damage occurs in transit.
I was happy enough with my experience that I'd use it again.

Sounds like a nice setup for shipping, if a great shipper is found! ;)

Back