Who has Crashed there Busa,Did you get hurt Why?

I just got finished rebuilding my 08 after a guy U turned on a two lane road, knocked me down and ran. A bystander turned around and chased him until the police caught him. The bike was driveable and I just got a black and blue forearm. I looked up all the part numbers at the highest prices I could find. I paid my shop $100 for an estimate, to copy my parts list and add labor costs. I had the insurance estimator come and approve the estimate. When I got the check, I bought the parts from the cheapest place I could find. I did the labor myself. I ended up making $1500 profit for my aggravation. I'm riding around with a few scratches on my helmet and jacket. The bike looks, and is, perfect.

I hope you compensated that wonderful bystander! $$

I had my accident almost a year ago this month. I was having a great time and lost my concentration because of what I was able to accomplish in the turn before. I never thought that I could get a busa that low. The next turn proved to be fatal for my 06 Busa.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/112419-went-down-today-2.html

Funny thing is that me and the gentlemen that was following me that morning had just been talking about would you let go of the bike if you had to in a turn or would you hang on. Ok I thought it was just talking and didn't think I'd have to do it. I did let go. I went about 25/30 feet the opposite direction as my bike. I took the pictures that you are looking at.

Accident slideshow by beegirl4444 - Photobucket

I think it took me about 2 weeks to get another one. This last bash proved to me that I can handle and ride this bike and my confidence is slowly coming back as well. I have to say that since changing out the exhaust the weight is much much nicer. My 08 rocks. I have let it fall and it has a blemish. It's ok for now but it won't last I will have to make him perfect again. I still have not named it yet. I plan to visit that road in the very near future with my new bike with a better attitude this time. :thumbsup:

Crashing sucks. Glad you are ok.I have the same bike as you. I whipped out the right side of mine. I took most of the damage. I healed up and fixed up my baby. Fixing them up lets you learn more of your bike and you feel a sense of accomplishment when your done. Plus there are so many Busa parts out there you can fix her back up pretty cheap. Its all on how you feel about your bike and what you want.

Last edited:
Turn #1 of the group ride at Eureka Springs 2007. Got distracted looking for someone that I knew was behind me, but couldn't see in the mirror. Turned around and it was time to make the turn and felt my entry was too late and low-sided her. Only cosmetic damage and finished the ride. Had full gear on too. Rebuilt and still riding her.

That Gray and Red Bike looks like You looped it, Trying to Wheelie ???

I wasnt " trying to wheelie ", I was wheelie-ing as I have done many times before and after that. ( see avatar ) That one however, got away from me. :(

btw I was still in the saddle when the tail light hit the ground... would that be a 1 oclock ??? :laugh:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about all of your guys get offs. I have yet to have a personal meeting with the asphalt, knock on wood!

I have never been down on any one of my Busa's as of yet!
But i did go down and hard in 97, and you could say walked away, i was stupid and riding with no gear! I was very lucky to have only the road rash that i ended up with!

Most bikes can be repaired, however our bodies take a little longer, to mend!
As for a rebuild, see how much the estimate is, if it is over 75% of the value, the bike is totaled!
If the damage is cosmetic, try to keep it and rebuild it, but if there is and frame damage that is when it is time to cut your losses!

December of 09: Got hit by lady in BMW on freeway off/on ramp. Her insurance paid the estimate and I rebuilt her myself and saved some money!

IMG_0113 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_0114 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_0116 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

IMG_0117 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

Yup, first bike ever. 2009 Busa, Silver/gray.

Hit and run, red Grand Am T-boned me, he pulled out of the parking lot and nailed my left side, bike was destroyed, beyond repair, and insurance wiggled out of the "Uninsured motorist" coverage for the hit and run thing, I spent 5 hours in the hospital, and have lower back pains now. But i got Codine for like a month after it xD

Now that its warming up the Busa weather is calling REAL hard. :banghead:

Its ok though, finally cought up with the guy that hit me, and im gonna sue him up one side, down the other, around, inside, out and make him wish he never learned to drive! :madfire:

Hopefully the 2011's will come out right around when the 20,000 (ish) settlement comes in :cheerleader:

Hmm Gen II curse, interesting, I had my old bike for 5 years and never laid it down, I got my Gen II and 2 months later I went down. This was in July of 08, riding with a group and was just enjoying the heck out of the ride and lost concentration for a moment and went into a turn a little hot and did not recover. I think I was going about 80 something when I went down, luckily the grass was wet and cushioned my fall and helped me slide a good 20 feet out of the way of the tumbling bike. It happened so quick, I had all my gear on so nothing really happened except a banged up shoulder and bruised rotator cuff. Here is a picture I took from the scene. Funny thing is, I don't think I have gained my confidence back 100%, don't take curves like I used too, oh well, I still enjoy my replacement 08, as this one was totaled by the insurance.
Wrecked.jpg

Im still waiting for the shop to finish my estimate.Really want to know what final cost will be, they seem to be in no hurry.
I will have her back together sometime hopefully

After dang near 30 years of riding, and never been hospitalized or had surgery or a broken bone in my life, then some idgit decided to jump a lane divider and swerve 2 lanes over into mine...Ending all those records I had going in one fell swoop.

I had no time to react, hit him hard and sent me flying...results: Totaled 08 blue, Broken wrist requiring a plate and 6 pins, internal injuries and some road rash. Was wearing my gear so luckily my bodily damage was held at bay..Im positive my helmet saved my life.

I decided to take a sabbatical from the Busa and bought and enduro (V-Strom) and a Motocross bike (RMZ450) to get back to my dirt roots.. I will definitely have another Busa, Just not for now!
181703d1269541170-another-busa-down-crash4.jpg

newscreen.jpg

11934910_AX.JPG

VStrom.jpg

RMZ450.jpg

Back