Dressed to Crash... Guess what...

Sorry to hear but glad you are still around to post. Hope you and your steed have a speedy recovery!

sorry to hear about the crash but i'm glad you and your ride are on the road to recovery :beerchug:

Glad you are somewhat ok. I broke the scapula skiing, no fun and hard to breathe but it does heal fast. Good luck fixing up the bike.

Super glad you wore your gear! Plastic is easier to replace.

Rebuilding is half the fun :laugh: ,,, the other half is riding! Get back up there soon.

Wow, so sorry to hear that. I hope you recover fast from your injuries. Then time to work on the bike and make it better for next season. Its almost time to put it away anyways...

I want to thank everyone for the well wishes, Thank you all and Hayabusa.org is a great extended family to have.

To answer a few question I have seen posted.

I am not reporting to the insurance the bike is paid off so I figure with a $500 deductable it is not worth reporting an taking the chance of my coverage going up. To fix the bike again will cost me about $1000.

Some asked how long I had the bike. I got it as a salvage March 30th, started riding early May it is a 2007. Put on about 4000 miles before I went down.

Someone said it will make me a better rider... GOD I HOPE SO.. heheh... I was riding with 6 other guys one of them works at a bike shop in the area. His boss picked the bike up for me and told me in the spring he will take me out to the track in Rockford and teach me... come to find out he holds classes once a mouth at the track.... I will be there for sure!

Some else asked about other damage to the bike. I have not went over it good yet, but it looks like ... Plastic, right side muffler, right side foot peg. left ram air thingie.., maybe the stay bracket. Blinkers for the fairring. I think that is about it...

Someone gave me a number of someone with parts and a good price. I will check them out and thanks... I am leaning twards using the same place I got the first set from. They made the last plastic set rock! and I am hoping they can make it just like it was before the crash. There price for the last set was around $600 painted and shipped.

Well I thank all of you so much and I am hopping to get back on my other bike in a few weeks.. ( 1987 Kawa 1000 elimanator )

1ibandit

:shocked: :( not another one

i am glad to hear you are ok after that crash, and sorry to see that beauty in this shape..

hope you rebuild it and make it even better :thumbsup:

Bandit, OUCH!!! Wet leaves and gravel...the bane of all 2 wheel'd pursuits...constantly on high alert for these muthers...

By the way save your rashed skins...bondo them, sand them down and take a primer and spray 'em. Use these skins for track days and save ur pretty skins for less aggressive things...2nd recommendation...get some big arse sliders like B&G...they will save u one heck of a lot of money if u go down again...heal up and good luck to ya

I Never Ride at Night Unless Iam coming home from a Ride................Of Course I live in the Hills so I am more Worried about Deer than anything................Gladd you are OK !!!!!!!!

Robert

sorry to hear about your accident. get well soon. the leathers gave you great 1st level protection. try adding a good ce rated chest and spine protector to protect the internal stuff.

Back