Crash and Burn

GeebMan

Registered
On June 16th this year I crashed hard on the Cheraholaoh (sp) Skyway out in North Carolina. The spot I crashed was a descending radius curve that was unmarked. I hit the guard rail going around 55 mph. I totalled out my '03 Black/grey Busa. I ended up with 4 cracked ribs and a broken shoulder blade. After talking to the state trooper 2 days later he told me that 2 other people had died at the same exact spot I crashed. I also was the 3rd person this year to crash hard at that spot. I'll admit I was going too fast on a road I didn't know but after all the other wrecks in the same spot I was pissed that there is no sign marking that curve. Since I crashed I've learned that 2 other people have had serious wrecks at the same spot. Just a heads up to everyone out there if you're going to ride the dragon to beware if you hit the skyway too.

P.S. I did get on '03 Annibusa once I recovered

Yeah, I have been caught out many times by unfamiliar roads, construction areas, poorly built roads, etc. Good reminder for everyone, in the US motorcyle safety is given little concern when engineers layout the roads, or when road crews are working. Edge traps abound, and you never know what is waiting around the corner...

broken ribs are hell, breathing is one of lifes simplest pleasures we all take for granite. till a rib goes snap lol way to go on surviving the crash. looks like the spirits of the others who died may have been there for you. hey its almost halloween i had to add that.
:crazy:

Glad you're ok. If I had to guess I would say mile marker 10 on the NC side. It has gotten a lot of people. The people that put the http://www.tailofthedragon.com/ site together have been trying to get a sign put up there for a long time. How many people have to die?

Sorry to hear of your accident. I'm going there tomorrow and have just posted a topic regarding this. Thanks for your post and I hope you get back in the saddle soon. Best regards, Chris

Back