Crashed????

Kind of harsh Tuf. I am one of the guys who has steel braided lines and HH pads and used to run avon storms and they are still one of my favorite tires. I ride safe and do my best to stay within my limits. I also do track days to improve my skills, so where do I fit in?

Shew I thought he was talking about me !
Thanks for standing up when your mentioned there James :)

Tuf you know I luv ya :bowdown:
Rather have your honesty than sweet lies in my ear.

Now to help answer your question: There are a variety of reasons for helping members. There are also a variety of ways to help a member. If you know someone that has went down, then start a thread asking for help. We have the Pay it Forward thread that all things in there are free. Also, we used to have raffles to help raise money for fallen members. I myself have started auctions to do that very thing. However, we had a raffle going for a fallen member going and someone reported us to paypal. Great, so now we have to shut down the raffles, any raffle for any reason. It is not because we wanted to, we were told to. I have also been the receipeint of financial help in the past and do what I can to help others. Its what we do, we help each other. What you see is the simple fact that some members attend every event, or a many events a year. People get to know them and you have face with a name. You have other members who are shy or for lifes reasons, are unable to attend events. When people go down, they are more inclined to help someone that have met and ridden with, sometimes on multiple occasions. When you have someone go down that no one has ever met, donations some times go slower. Its not that people dont want to help, its just the fact that people will always be inclined to help those they know first before someone they have never seen or met. I wish there were an easier way, but we have not figured it out yet. One suggestion was to have a Helping Members bank account, people send in funds in the way of donations and then those funds are distributed when needed. But who is going to manage that acccount? Who will administer the funds in a way that will be fair to everyone? How many members will percieve that they or someone they know were treated fairly? Lots of sticky issues with that one and it will become a nightmare to manage. Hence, why is has not happened. I hope that answers some of your questions. I dont have all the answers nor claim to, but that is way I see it. Others may disagree or be able to elaborate on what I have stated.

I volunteer to manage that fund and I promise not to buy any beer with the money , honest and for true :rofl:

Shew I thought he was talking about me !
Thanks for standing up when your mentioned there James :)

Tuf you know I luv ya :bowdown:
Rather have your honesty than sweet lies in my ear.

Sometimes I think I'm to honest for my own good! At least you always know where I stand on any given subject!

Agree or disagree, at least I'm honest! :beerchug:

Sometimes I think I'm to honest for my own good! At least you always know where I stand on any given subject!

And that's what I like about you and prefer from all.
Would rather hear the harsh truth than a pretty lie .
Whether it upsets the listener or not honesty is always the best policy .
Unless your telling your dad about why you crashed his car .
Then it's ok to lie your azz off :)

Here's my slant on it...I'm in a position financially where I can help someone with some of my spare parts. They are just taking up room in the garage..so why not..if someone else needs these parts and I'm not using them...how stingy is that?
Tuf has his point of view and you have to understand what he is saying and why he is saying it...IMO what he is saying is correct up to a point. Look at this way...the Hayabusa is not just some run of the meal Harley or cruiser. It is really a bike for an expert rider. You can lay it down around a corner until your elbows almost touch...if u know how. It can out accelerate half-million dollar cars up to 130 mph...and yet it can be docile as can be at 70 mph as she just purrs along at 3-4k rpm. How many of us on here are expert riders though...probably less than 5percent...yet, I consider myself an advanced rider. I've done what Tuf said to do...I signed up to go to multiple track days. Why did I do it? Because the bike scared the poo out of me...What Tuf said about some riders is absolutely true...too much bike...too little experience...makes for a bad combination...and why should we have to bail out other people who made bad choices? There isn't hardly a month that someone doesn't go down and donations are being solicited. So..it can wear thin on some people...There are always situations where it was just bad luck...being in the right place at the wrong time sort of thing...deer jumping out...someone's transmission pukes fluids in a corner...some drunk kid standing by a road and jumps into the path of one of our members...irrational-stupid stuff...
I guess the simplest solution is always...if u want to help...then help...if you don't want to help...don't...But Tuf is correct in what he is saying about...stop buying all of this crap for bikes and get yourself out to track days and/or track schools for training on how to pick lines, emergency braking, how to control skids, how to really learn the balance of a powerful heavy machine...and I would be willing to bet that if everyone on here went to one track day a year that we would reduce accidents by 50 percent.

I think financial issue is only a part of recovering from a crash. There is also a mental issue, there is also the amount of time that needs to be spent on fixing the bike. There is also a time lost - can't ride while the bike is being fixed.

As to the reasons for a crash, it's not always black and white. Aside from doing stupid things and then crashing, I'd say most everyone who's gone down deserves at least a sympathy.

Nice. I really enjoy the people on this site!:thumbsup:
Now to help answer your question: There are a variety of reasons for helping members. There are also a variety of ways to help a member. If you know someone that has went down, then start a thread asking for help. We have the Pay it Forward thread that all things in there are free. Also, we used to have raffles to help raise money for fallen members. I myself have started auctions to do that very thing. However, we had a raffle going for a fallen member going and someone reported us to paypal. Great, so now we have to shut down the raffles, any raffle for any reason. It is not because we wanted to, we were told to. I have also been the receipeint of financial help in the past and do what I can to help others. Its what we do, we help each other. What you see is the simple fact that some members attend every event, or a many events a year. People get to know them and you have face with a name. You have other members who are shy or for lifes reasons, are unable to attend events. When people go down, they are more inclined to help someone that have met and ridden with, sometimes on multiple occasions. When you have someone go down that no one has ever met, donations some times go slower. Its not that people dont want to help, its just the fact that people will always be inclined to help those they know first before someone they have never seen or met. I wish there were an easier way, but we have not figured it out yet. One suggestion was to have a Helping Members bank account, people send in funds in the way of donations and then those funds are distributed when needed. But who is going to manage that acccount? Who will administer the funds in a way that will be fair to everyone? How many members will percieve that they or someone they know were treated fairly? Lots of sticky issues with that one and it will become a nightmare to manage. Hence, why is has not happened. I hope that answers some of your questions. I dont have all the answers nor claim to, but that is way I see it. Others may disagree or be able to elaborate on what I have stated.

I am the same way. I shoot straight from the hip tell it like it is:beerchug:

Thanks everyone for the insight!.

JoshS We have 28K + members here. I would guess that 2/3 of them are takers, they come here with their problems, ask a bunch of questions on how to fix their bike and then disappear. Yet many have been around for a while and have known each other for years, 100s have met face to face at oRg events, several consider one another good friends and a few even consider each other family.

The innocence of your question is somewhat comical. And the thought of merely joining an online forum and be gifted parts or cash to fix a crashed bike is even more comical. In a world full of givers and takers, could you imagine the drama that would create? I'm not laughing at you, your idea of helping a fellow busa owner unconditionally sounds great, but I think the generosity of the few givers would be pushed.

Takers erode the trust of givers and therefore givers tend to be very selective to whom they give. While many givers bestow their gifts only upon friends and family, others do so of their own free will and choosing, whatever the case their generosity is often best left unquestioned.

Just my :2cents:

Josh I assume this was brought up about me? You never see me on here and I dont post much anymore. I have lots of friends and family on here. At the spring and fall bash you'll fnd john and myself in the middle of everything. When someone needs a hand we're there. I didn't ask for this help and I would not have but a hand has been extended and honestly I need it... I always give and never take.
Posted via Mobile Device

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

Almost every crash is preventable. Every crash I've had was due to running out of talent when I needed it most. Bikes don't crash on their own, it takes input from the rider to create the crash.

This is my take on financial aid to crash victims. From what I see on this forum is at least 95% of the members spend their extra spendable income on bling and fail to spend a nickle on improving their skills. How many threads have we seen where a new member bought a busa and the first thread after the introduction is what mods should they do first. It's never, where can I learn how to stay on two wheels!

For me, I have no interest in giving financial aid to a guy who has spent his money on a full exhaust, PC, chrome wheels, turbo kit etc. etc. and never spent a dime on track time, schools etc. in order to improve his skills in keeping it upright. And my favorite beef is the guy who puts steel brake lines and HH pads in order to make his brakes more agressive then installs Avon Storm or Shinko touring tires so he can lock the front and bust his a$$ just that much faster. Then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, blames his absolute lack of ability on the biotch who changed lanes and cut him off when he had a 40 mph closing speed.

No Sir, I am not the least bit interested in contributing financial aid to a rider who spends his money on bling and then runs out of talent when he needs it most!

I think the best phrase to use is "Why should I help the guy who refuses to help himself"?

:beerchug:

Very well said Tuf. I agree with you. I have rode Harleys all my life. This is my first Sports Bike 08/Busa. I listen to all the Bling BS on this Site and just let it go in one ear and out the other. Oh and by the way i am 68 Yrs yng. I would like to get a lot of you here in the SF bay Area. Lets Get the BS out.:whistle:

My Philosophy and RULE when I Ride with my Bro's is DON'T TALK ABOUT CRASHING !!!!!!!!!!

Any Crash that you walk away from is a Good Crash :rulez:

Every crash has different circumstances.

The rider receiving help from org usually goes by how much the rider contributed to the org. More a crashed rider had contributed,the more people take notice of them and are willing to offer help in time of need. Even if they are full of bling and not a track ready rider.

Simple "Do on to others as you expect them to do to you!" Most members started out completely strangers and are now adopted family. With that said,some might seem like they getting more attention then the average member,but it's only feedback of their past actions(which speak louder then words). The Grumpy's are a prime example of this!

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/138055-funds-grumpys.html

Ride Safe!

Back