Who has Crashed there Busa,Did you get hurt Why?

Macfast

Never Forgotten
After 10 years of Busa Bliss I have Crashed. I still can hate that I wrecked my baby. Mine was a 2000 Blue and Silver The wife and I were talking 2 weeks ago on how good she looks to be ten years old. I came out lucky that I only have a few broke bones.and no road rash The Busa can be rebuilt but I don't think I can replace her So did you crash your Busa rebuild or replace her and how did yourself come out???

I wrecked mine on the 14th of May still waiting on insurance to see if it's totaled. She was an 08 I bought new last June. I put 7500 miles on herin that time. I didn't make a turn, ending up going through 16ft of fence. I was lucky only injury i have is a dislocated hip, Had surgery to remove a peice of bone that came off. I also had something come through my jacket and leave a 2in cut on my left inner arm.

hope you heal well and good luck with your bike

I'm starting to think the Gen II's are cursed !!

Not a bike accident in 18 years, but I have written off two Gen II's in twelve months.

I know another guy that had his burnt in a building fire, other vehicles around it but nothing else damaged.
I am going to keep my eye on threads bout crashed and burned Gen II's. Its got me wondering !

I don't know about a gen II curse I hope the best for you, I can tell ya about stupid deer

Layed my 05 down last year over a blind hill when the pavement ended and the gravel began! Rebuilt.
No serious injuries except hand soreness and back pain.....
Posted via Mobile Device

Have tipped mime over twice once coming off a rear stand and again doing a slow speed u turn only scratches Nothing like this one

One year and one week ago today I waisted my beautiful silver/blue 05, still have absoloutly no memory whatsoever of what happened or what the cause may have been. Really hard to let go of something if you cant evaluate what actually happened. No long term life threatening injuries sustained but my hip, pelvis, lower back, shoulder blades & lungs aparently took some pretty severe impacts, I think I'm gonna feel the effects of those impacts for the rest of my life.

On a more positive note I believe it was nine days after the wreck I found my self driving to Oregon to pick up my replacement Busa, another identical silver/blue 05 with only 2K miles on the her. Took a few months to get back in the saddle but I've done a couple thousand miles this year. At first there was quite a bit of fear, especially on mountain roads. I'm remaining somewhat cautious but slowly regaining my confidence. Rode about 250 miles today and on a couple roads everything was feeling really good, was getting just a bit aggressive and to be perfectly honest, it felt awesome. :thumbsup:

284.jpg

Attachments

• untitled 2.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 540
2006 Blue silver

Wrecked: Yes after 4-5 months of getting it.

Rebuilt it after some serious damage, did most of the repair myself :whistle: lacking in the rebuilding skills the bike didn't come back together very well an still has problems from the accident.

I lived, scared for life, but still alive had all my gear on except for good riding pants...go figure thats where all my injuries were :laugh: .{They don't make pants in my size still don't have any} so gear police :moon: :laugh:

had my helmet/gloves/boots an Kevlar armored jacket.

mybusa3.jpg

mybusa6.jpg

mybusa7.jpg

Tried to hide the accident from the family an friends :whistle: Coworkers ratted me out :angry:

They weren't as angry at me as I thought they would be for wrecking my new to me machine, after all the "take it easy" lectures I had to endure for the first 3 months on it..

Mybusaacc.jpg

Mybusaacc4.jpg

mybusaacc5.jpg

They were more upset about getting the call at 2:30 am second hand instead of from yours truly :laugh: they saved the rest of their comments for the next day when the morphine wore off. Anyone else ever screw up so badly they tried to bury all evidence of the incident..:poke:

Heal UP! an good luck with the rebuild all I can say is find some one good knowledge of bikes an someone who can do a real good inspection of all the damages before you start rebuilding

mybusa3.jpg

mybusa6.jpg

mybusa7.jpg

Mybusaacc.jpg

Mybusaacc4.jpg

mybusaacc5.jpg

First off, I want to say that I'm glad the OP is still here and able to post up after what happened. I hope you continue on to a full recovery. :thumbsup:

I know a little something about this topic of crashing... https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/130848-chattanoogabusa-down.html

I walked away from mine without serious injuries. Actually, I took all the pics in that thread plus a bunch more. I was gradually starting to ride to the point where I was either going to get hurt, killed, or in legal trouble. However, my crash was caused by something that was completely out of my control. I was riding right around the speed limit and being very cautious because it was so windy that day. I wasn't out to play, just going home from the Bash. Oh well... a strong gust of wind caught my bike and sent me sailing into a guardrail.

About a month later, I can still feel the effects of the crash, but I'm back at it... https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/132703-chattanoogabusa-rides-again.html

The new bike is going to be a sport-touring machine only. That's not to say that I won't have fun every now and then, but now that I know what it's like to crash, the days of pushing my limits are over.

Busa1166 brings up a point that cannot be brought up too many times, the importance of protective riding gear. Me an my Busa went off a cliff at an undetermined speed and what stoped us both were trees, all my leathers were severly scraped and gouged/punctured, my helmet was also severly scratched up and cracked in the back too. I took quite a pounding but I didn't have a scratch on me and I honestly think my gear prevented serious injury, I simply will not ride without it.

Last edited:
I just got finished rebuilding my 08 after a guy U turned on a two lane road, knocked me down and ran. A bystander turned around and chased him until the police caught him. The bike was driveable and I just got a black and blue forearm. I looked up all the part numbers at the highest prices I could find. I paid my shop $100 for an estimate, to copy my parts list and add labor costs. I had the insurance estimator come and approve the estimate. When I got the check, I bought the parts from the cheapest place I could find. I did the labor myself. I ended up making $1500 profit for my aggravation. I'm riding around with a few scratches on my helmet and jacket. The bike looks, and is, perfect.

One year and one week ago today I waisted my beautiful silver/blue 05, still have absoloutly no memory whatsoever of what happened or what the cause may have been. Really hard to let go of something if you cant evaluate what actually happened. No long term life threatening injuries sustained but my hip, pelvis, lower back, shoulder blades & lungs aparently took some pretty severe impacts, I think I'm gonna feel the effects of those impacts for the rest of my life.

On a more positive note I believe it was nine days after the wreck I found my self driving to Oregon to pick up my replacement Busa, another identical silver/blue 05 with only 2K miles on the her. Took a few months to get back in the saddle but I've done a couple thousand miles this year. At first there was quite a bit of fear, especially on mountain roads. I'm remaining somewhat cautious but slowly regaining my confidence. Rode about 250 miles today and on a couple roads everything was feeling really good, was getting just a bit aggressive and to be perfectly honest, it felt awesome. :thumbsup:

I was there when this Happened and was there for your 250 Miles Today. Good Job Gene.............You are Almost Back to Normal........:)

I went down on mine about 6 months after I got it. I use to say it was the GRAVEL, I now know better. Oh, there was gravel in the turn, but 2 other bikes went through it (they had a lot more experience than I did). They just held their line, I didn't. Once I realized I was on gravel I DID EVERYTHING WRONG !! I chopped the throttle off, wanting to slow down, which caused my bike to stand up, then there was no way I was making the turn, so I tried to hit the brakes, and the front end washed out. Like I said I DID EVERYTHING WRONG.

I blamed the gravel, until I read "twist of the wrist II", I think it was S.R. 1, LoL !!

Funny how on a motorcycle when you panic EVERYTHING your brain tells you to do is WRONG ???

I never turned it in, just got a used lower fairing, and bought new front cowl, and front fairing stay (I think it's called ?)

Last edited:
I can take the gruesome pics of bloodied bits (sorry to hear) but it is really breaking my heart looking at the pics of these beautiful busa's bent and scratched up, it really hurts !

great thread and excellent pics, thanx guys !

P.S ~ hey, even Valentino crashes !!

bought mine new in 2007 got it air brushed 2 mo later, then 1 month after that the wife and i where rear ended at about 45 mph by another rider...we went down and so did he...we both had our helmet and jackets and gloves so we didn't get a scratch on us...he however had one t-shirt no helmet no gloves...was real messed up....to top it all off the guy who hit us had no endorsement or insurance...so here it is 2010 and the whole right side of my ride still has road rash....tipped it over at last years bash.too lucky 4 me was the side that was already muffed up

Last edited:
bought mine new in 2007 got it air brushed 2 mo later, then 1 month after that the wife and i where rear ended at about 45 mph by another rider...we went down and so did he...we both had our helmet and jackets and gloves so we didn't get a scratch on us...he however had one t-shirt no helmet no gloves...was real messed up....to top it all off the guy who hit us had no endorsement or insurance...so here it is 2010 and the whole right side of my ride still has road rash....tipped it over at last years bash.too lucky 4 me was the side that was already muffed up

Pics?

Last year I couldn't negotiate a turn and I was forced to actually jump off my black and gray '05. She got the plastics pretty well thrashed off, but most of the bike was ok. The insurance was pretty good so I took the money, sold the bike to someone who wanted to rebuild her, and went out and bought a white '09. I was fortunate to only come out of the accident with one hell of a bruise on my side, and I had a spotty memory of the incident until just about a week later when it all came back to me.

I've been down twice, once was my own stupidity... Sept 2004
I sold her and started fresh.

2nd time was a deer incident ... Oct 2007

In both cases full gear is VERY VERY Important! Leather is best, if you do wear riding jeans, make sure they are kevlar or similar lined and have armor underneath too. I believe I would have had seriously messed up my knee if I didnt have the armor on. I was still sore and limped for about a month but no permanent damage.

Miscfrom-laptop 042.jpg

Miscfrom-laptop 043.jpg

DeerHunting1b.jpg

DeerHunting3b.jpg

I've been down twice, once was my own stupidity... Sept 2004

2nd time was a deer incident ... Oct 2007

In both cases full gear is VERY VERY Important! Leather is best, if you do wear riding jeans, make sure they are kevlar or similar lined and have armor underneath too. I believe I would have had seriously messed up my knee if I didnt have the armor on. I was still sore and limped for about a month but no permanent damage.

That Gray and Red Bike looks like You looped it, Trying to Wheelie ???

Back