Who does what for a living?

DAAAMMNN!! 150 bucks an hour, geez and I thought I was doing good. are you CCIE?

HAHA wish I was getting the full 150/hr but alas I am not. :( I can't afford to get CCIE at this point and the company I work for wont help me out with it either.. stingy BEEEEP!!!!!

DAAAMMNN!! 150 bucks an hour, geez and I thought I was doing good. are you CCIE?

HAHA wish I was getting the full 150/hr but alas I am not. That is just how much peeps get charged for me doing anything for em. :( I can't afford to get CCIE at this point and the company I work for wont help me out with it either.. stingy BEEEEP!!!!!

The only part I enjoy is the constant challenges people bring to me. The rest ehhh not so much. How can I actually care about a place when new people with nothing come in making twice as much as me yet I have to teach them everything I know.

Im a builder these days, I buy a house, do it right up, and hopefully, sell it for a profit. Used to be a production engineer and even built race cars for a little while.

Ive had over 25 jobs, and all didnt work out because I suck as an employee. Im much happier now I do whatever I want to, and when I want to.

I will have this house finished in a couple of weeks, so I need another do-up. Anyone know of a house that needs attention and is for sale ?

Awesome thread!... Four years in the Marines, Field Artillery stationed in Hawaii, 3 years Kansas Army National Guard as a light wheel vehicle mechanic, past 12 years Active Army back in Field Artillery, currently in Germany. "You Yell, We Shell!" Four years until I hit the big 2-0, and then I will have to grow up, and figure out what I really want to do. I have some great ideas from everyone's posts! :laugh:

Nothing really special or as exciting as some of you other peeps!!

Was the Senior Analyst for Provincial government but, for the past few months, my role has somewhat changed into project management. Been here for 13 years total.

20 years in transportion , holding a Hazmat endorcement is tough now , goverment got its fingers in everything now and making it hard , homeland security checks every 5 yrs , and they question me born in Ramstein Germany ,Rumor now is you got to be at certain weight to hold a Commercial licence , tough times on the road being a diabetic, dont know if your Dot physical will be the end of your Career.

HAHA wish I was getting the full 150/hr but alas I am not. That is just how much peeps get charged for me doing anything for em. :( I can't afford to get CCIE at this point and the company I work for wont help me out with it either.. stingy BEEEEP!!!!!

The only part I enjoy is the constant challenges people bring to me. The rest ehhh not so much. How can I actually care about a place when new people with nothing come in making twice as much as me yet I have to teach them everything I know.

Sucks dont it? Man I can relate... if you are looking email me your resume and a general range you want. I have some friends in the Dallas area that have a newer consulting practice and get consulting jobs all the time, might be able to find you some new work :beerchug: BTW they are a regular consulting house, full W2 or 1099 setup depending on what the work they have.

Chemical Eng: Did 10 yrs on chemical plants in PR now I'm a Juice & Beverage Formula Advisor,in another words: play with juices & sodas to "create"/enhance dif formulas / flavors.

One of the most interesting jobs. What's the craziest you've concocted?

Sucks dont it? Man I can relate... if you are looking email me your resume and a general range you want. I have some friends in the Dallas area that have a newer consulting practice and get consulting jobs all the time, might be able to find you some new work :beerchug: BTW they are a regular consulting house, full W2 or 1099 setup depending on what the work they have.

The thread is working......

I'm a line-cook at a local Outback Steakhouse (5 years) and just put in a resume/app today for Assistant Kitchen Manager until I graduate later this spring with my 4 year degree in Psychology. Any recommendations on what to do with this fancy piece of paper I will be receiving.....? I'm flipping a coin whether I want to move up through the Outback ranks and one day have my own store or if I wanna take the plunge with my degree. Boy oh boy what to do.

Nice thread you put it up at the perfect time.

Shiro

A degree in psychology isn't worth too much as far as career unless you follow-up with an MSW. Once you have an MSW you'll start around $60-65K/yr then work up to $80K once you get your LCSW or $75K with an MFT. You can always go independent as well at that point. Privateers can make 6 digits once they get a good referral network and get hooked up with insurance companies.

I don't anticipate using my degree for clinical practices. I'd prefer to go more the route of Industrial Organizational Psychology, but I didn't fair so well on the GRE and am thinking I won't make the cut for a master's program; however, my gpa and accomplishments are at the very top level. So, I'm not sure what to expect or where to go from here.

I provide Hayabusa Parts & bolt-on Goodies to a lot of rabid Busa owners I know. :laugh: Just click the link in the sig.

Oh, and also own a Motorcycle Tour Company providing guided tours all over California, spend about a month on the bike each season.

Motorcycle Tours in California, Pashnit Guided Tours

Best day ever. Seriously.
View attachment 208621

Psssh, I wouldn't listen to this Pashnit person guys....... In reality he pimps his 24" extended 400mm tired Busa up and down the boardwalk while pumping Vanilla Ice through the speakers.. Ice Ice Baby...... :poke::rofl::laugh:

Did 23 years in the Print trade in the UK.
Went up through Litho offset presses to Programatic Guillotines,
ended up as one of 4 managers.

BORED and COLD !!!

Looked oversea's. Everywhere from France and Spain to Corfu,
even had a look at Egypt. After 6 visits was about to move to
Cypus when I realised I needed to be under 40 to get into Australia.
Moved here thinking I could always go back to Cyprus as an UK citizen.

7 years here, now re-training in Civil / Earthworks.
Bobcats, Excavators, Rollers, Plan reading, Concreting, Pipe laying, excellent.
The job's always changing and havent seen a frost or snow in 7 years.
Brilliant place.....:thumbsup:

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

My job? Everyone's worse nightmare--I'm a High School Principal! It doesn't mater how much I make--wife and daughter spend it all anyways!:rofl:

Back