Who like live music?

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Now, lets get one thing strait. I am a metal head through and through. BUT I love listening to live music of almost any genre as long as the people on stage are talented, original and have a soundman that knows what he is doing. And I am very picky when it comes to live music. Every once in a while you stumble onto one of these groups purely by accident. Last night was one of those nights. We met some friend down at a club last night for 50 cent beer night. The club is known for bringing in groups from out of town. "The Lloyd Dobler Effect" from the D.C. area was making there way across the midwest and made the stop. My jaw was on the floor most of the night. Ill put this real simple. If they come to your area, you MUST go see them if you like live music. They are that good. They have an original sound for young guys thats for sure. I heard alot of Peter Frampton/Pink Floyd/Latin influence all night. They busted out a 8-10 minute version of "land down under" from Men at Work that was unreal. Here are a few places they will be in the next few months. Trust me, take you time and go see these guys.

Feb. 16-17 Kearny Ne.
24th Roanoke Va.
28th Wilmington NC
March 1st Hilton Head SC
3rd Bluffton SC
4-7th Panama City Fl.
9th Greenville SC
10th Charlotte NC
17th Roanoke VA
21-22nd Killington VT
24th Lewiston ME
28th Charleston SC
29th Willmington NC
30th Salisbury MD.

Ill update some more later on. I have the clubs they will be in at each city. Let me know if  you need the name.

There is there website, the music on the site doesnt do the live show justice. Go see them and support you local live music!

www.Lloyddoblereffect.com

Back