Whew, I Got The Sprockets And Chain Replaced.

Blue Bayou

Registered
IMG_6344.JPG
IMG_6343.JPG
IMG_6342.JPG
IMG_6341.JPG
IMG_6340.JPG
IMG_6339.JPG
View attachment 393752
IMG_6337.JPG
IMG_6337.JPG
View attachment 393752
IMG_6339.JPG
IMG_6340.JPG
IMG_6341.JPG
IMG_6342.JPG
IMG_6343.JPG
IMG_6344.JPG
I got cracking on the chain and sprockets replacement project this morning around 10am. Finished up around 3:00pm, including a short lunch break for a bowl of soup. Due to being the first time using my new Venom lift/stands, I had the neighbor help me get it mounted on the stand. Everything went pretty smooth except putting the back wheel back on, which I remedied by taking the caliper off. I did stop to take a few pics for my compadres on the board. I know how everyone here LOVES pics. :)
I took the bike out for a test drive and everything is working SMOOOOOOTH...!!!!
Hope Y'all had a great weekend.
BB
IMG_6344.JPG

Oh and BTW, for any of you looking at doing this to your scoot, a 1 1/4 inch socket will work absolutely perfect on the
front sprocket nut..!!
BB

Nice job and pictures. That is one job i dont look forward to Doing. Not sure why, but I've always been worried about the day I have to replace the chain on mine, even though I do everything I can myself.

Nothing like wrenching on your own bike and standing back at the end of the day, admiring your work and your bike.

Wow, that front sprocket. :(

Good work though. I love changing sprockets, and generally wrenching on the bike.

I take rear calapier off as we'll, makes it a lot easier and I roll the back wheel onto a piece of wood to aid axle fitment

You install a rivet link chain too? What brand did you go with? How'd your Cush rubbers look?
No, I used a Super HD DID clip link chain. I've always used clip link chains on my Harleys and Busa. Never had any problems with them, but on the other hand, I tend to ride fairly sanely. :-) The D.I.D. chain I have is a monster, big, heavy and massive. What I do is when a chain starts looking grungy, I link it to a fresh chain, pull it thru and link it together. That way I can thorougly clean my chains periodically. I also keep them well lubed. In Florida we have massive amounts of sand to contend with, so you've gotta keep the chains clean or the sprockets don't last long.
Thanks for your comment.
Cheers
BB

Cool! Looks good. Did you get the muffler issue fixed?
Yes indeed, it is fixed. The gent finally showed up two days after he said he'd be here, but at least he had the mufflers.
Mufflers are on the bike and muffling. :cheerleader:
Thanks for your help and concern, I appreciate it.
Cheers
BB

How about your Cush drive rubbers? Were they black, worn, hard and shrunk or some other color and in good shape? You never mentioned...

How about your Cush drive rubbers? Were they black, worn, hard and shrunk or some other color and in good shape? You never mentioned...
The cushy rubbers looked OK, didn't see anything wrong with them.
Thanks for asking. :-)
Cheers
BB

Back