Chain and Sprockets

Saxoplay

Donating Member
Registered
Well...the busa just turned a bit over 16k and it looks like the chain is about due for replacement. What do you all suggest for chain and sprocket upgrades? Also, is the replacement something that I could do myself or should I plan on taking it to a local shop? Thanks in advance.

its easy get a zzz chain and a 43t rear sprocket. i have a vortex racing sprocket

+2 ZZZ
super.gif

Unless you are REALLY concerned about weight savings, get a steel rear sprocket.

cheers
ken

Contact Cloud Nine Motorsports...you will save money, get GREAT advice, get best equipment, support a sponsor and meet true customer service. Raydog

Fairly easy install, but you will need a rivit tool. As an alternative, look at the ZVM2 chain with the optional bolt on style master link.

I am impressed that you were able to get 16K on the original chain. WOW!

Another
thumb_up.gif
on the ZZZ

I upgraded to the 43t Vortex Cat5 myself. Somebody makes a sprocket with an aluminum inner and steel teeth...cool colors too. Begins with an "R" I believe.

let me know how long and color of a chain you want and what color sprockets in alum or steel and how many teeth.

I upgraded to the 43t Vortex Cat5 myself.  Somebody makes a sprocket with an aluminum inner and steel teeth...cool colors too.  Begins with an "R" I believe.
http://sidewindersprockets.com/tri-metal_sprockets.html

cheers
ken
Yep, those are them, but they weren't listed at $129.99 in the mag I saw. And they come in various colors. Lighter than all steel but still heavier than the all aluminum sprockets like the Cat5.

Call me & get it all in one spot,chain,sprockets,tools,speedohealer and telephone support after hours.  
beerchug.gif

503-663-3278

I bought the EK ZVX2 chain and a 42 tooth Vortex. I think the extra money for the ZZZ is rediculous and overkill
for 99% of all street riders. IMO

I'm sitting at 12,000 miles on the stock chain/sprockets and it's still pretty good.
smile.gif

Hopefully I can make it a bit farther.

Back