Where is the top end power?

Stealth08

Registered
Hey everyone, I was just out breaking in my bike and so far have only gotten to around 7500 rpm as I stopped looking at the dash and grabbed some breaks at that point, to stay legal. I should mention that I am at 500 miles so far. I just didn't see any surge in power and I was curious if this thing has a top end hit and where is it? I sure hope there is more too this bike as I went away from liter bikes to get the "real" power and to have a comfortable seat for wifey. Just worried I will regret buying the bus as the friends call it. I am just too particular to run this thing to redline until at least 800 miles but I am getting anxious and hope there is more to this thing. So far it seems to have a little surge around 3500 to around 5000 and that is nice but I need more! Tell me the good word about this bike, please. :please:

Because this bike is heavier, it isn't going to feel like a liter bike. You let her stretch her legs out and it will be faster. You are also going to feel the torque pulling you out of the corners. I went through a back tire in 1500 miles because of this. This bike is built for speed and comfort, keep that in the back of your mind.

I promise you, this bike has more than you can hold onto. She will wake the heck up at 7500 to redline, you had best hang on. Follow the break in procedure and treat her right, and she will return the favor.

I slipped the tire in 1st gear yesterday. Scared the bejesus out of me. Running about 9500-10,000 RPM is jumped a few times and I became a beleiver in my BUSA in .00001 seconds flat.

Well I get what you guys are saying. I have been riding for 17 years now and understand the law of power to weight but it just seems a little "weak" on the bottom and midrange so far for being the fastest bike out there. I know I am asking for a flaming by making this post but you have to understand I wanted to be scared by this bike, anyone have a deal on a turbo? Just kidding, I am sure it will be fine once it is broken in and I am able to run it up to the redline but I was just expecting a lot I guess. Just have to drop about 50 to 100 pounds, later, and then give it a try. Of course a full system and powercommander would be nice too. :whistle:

The BUSA is an all around powerhouse. It's not going to be exceptionally dynamic at low or mid range. A lighter GSXR can take it around the bends. But the BUSA shines all over, and it really does pound the pavement from 7500-10K RPM as twoton has already mentioned.

I guess I will just say that there is never enough power because once you get more, eventually, you just get used to it and then you are looking for more again. :lol:

My last bike, an 05 R1 with full exhaust and pc was very weak on the low end but the top end was explosive in any gear. Just as a comparison.

The default mode is c hold your thumb on the red button until the a appears. That will give you a little more power. Cheers

The default mode is c hold your thumb on the red button until the a appears. That will give you a little more power. Cheers

Default mode is A which is full power. B and C are reduced power modes, but they must be selected.

Sorry but default is A mode and yes I did try that mode switch, once. Never again will I use the power killer switch. Don't know what I would use that for unless I plan on riding in snow in C mode. :rofl:

Power kill, you mean the red switch? I use that all the time so that I don't have to fumble with the key switch. It's easier and quicker than anything else since your thumb is literally right next to it. Just personal preference I suppose.

Have fun! :beerchug:

You mean the kill switch, yes I don't use that either, but I meant the mode switch that is useless in my opinion and I just wish I could use it to increase power like using it to switch maps on a pc, anyone done this yet?

HUH? ??? The default mode on my 08 is "A".

Stealth08, Bro you haven't even made her yawn yet! For one, your still in "Engine break in" mode....it will keep getting faster and FASTER!!! My Beast......."ToXSicK" pullz so damn hard from about 7500rpms ON(in ANY GEAR :muscle: )that I cant hardly even concentrate....its like WARP SPEED..... literally :thumbsup: and I've been drag racing bikes and carz for 13years, NOTHING compares to the teeth clinching, azz puckering, eye ballz sucking into your skull POWER THESE GEN2's MAKE(at least the org/blk ones anywayz :laugh: )!!!
PLEASE :please: respect it, and you WONT be disappointed! :beerchug:

Back