K8 Top End Noise

Just curious, how close were the throttle bodies? Most are good from the factory but every once and a while you find one that's off.
good point! never considered the T-bodies. mine is running pretty smooth after a quick throttle cable adjustment but it can't hurt to look.

Engine is back together, nothing was found. I looked at everything I could under the valve cover, timing chain guides seem to be fine.

I still have noise, sound seems to be from the timing chain. I am "assuming" improper tension from the factory tensioner.

My next step will be to purchase a manual timing chain adjustor to confirm noise changes/disappears.

Opinions seem to widely vary on manual adjustors/ comments?

Hey Guys thanks for all the great input. Long story short, a buddy of mine told me to look around the starter clutch, I put everything back together and the noise was nearly gone, after 3 minutes it was gone completely.

I have taken several rides since and all seems normal, engine sound and performance is as if nothing happened. Thanks Again! Ill hope the noise doesnt come back.

my 08' ticks when i warm up the bike but subsides after a couple of minutes. i recently had excessive (11,000k) chatter/sputter so i performed the T.S.B. and thread locked the clutch bolts/ new clutch gasket. problem solved! doubt that helped you out but ya never know. :laugh:
That was my thought too.

Good news on the 2012 BUSA............They fixed the engine ticking noise when cold, at idle and any other times! Otherwise no changes for 2012 other than it is now available in Pink, Fushia and Mauve.

Good news on the 2012 BUSA............They fixed the engine ticking noise when cold, at idle and any other times! Otherwise no changes for 2012 other than it is now available in Pink, Fushia and Mauve.

Do you know how I know your gay?

Real men only know primary colors.
J/k.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Easy fix, get some Shorties or some ear buds hooked into your IPOD. Wooooo Lahhhh ticking and all other minute sounds disapear.
I am old school and just pretend it sounds cool just as solid lifters sound on an LS7 motor.

just bought my second gen II

but my old K9 made that sound as well - every here and then

my sound issue was related to the fuel temp,
riding nearly dry while in stop and go traffic the fuel went quite hot of course, if I then refilled with cold fuel from station the sound always disappeared ....

My K8 has 34,000 miles on it and still runs just as good as when I bought it brand new.

I never had the valves checked, too busy riding it. I hardly hear anything except for my iPod and tunes.

Back