exhaust leak vs. valve noise

hemi

Registered
would it be easy to differentiate between the two. Have about 200 miles so far on my full system brocks, and check almost after every ride to see if i can hear any leaks (overly paranoid haha). I know the busa engine is pretty noisy with the valve noise, clutch chatter, etc etc. Would i be easily able to notice if i had a leak or if it was just normal valve noise from the engine

If you have an exhaust leak at the headers you would find that the noise is louder when engine is placed under load where valve noise would not alter or become louder when engine is loaded :beerchug:
If you have disconnected pair system and your getting popping from the exhaust on decel is also a good indication that the exhaust system is pulling air from one of the joints

ok thanks. I should be good to go then. When i rev the engine a bit at idle the noise (i assume valve tick) is a lot less and hardly noticeable. I did plug the pair valve and it has no backfire/popping on decel or anything. Another reason i always like to wear my shoei while riding, i don't like the sound of the loud/noisy busa engine. With my shoei on all i hear is the brocks screamin:laugh:

Back